So many roses...

Something has just occurred to me, something that should be glaringly obvious. I've been busy taking photographs of the roses. There are so many! Not too many, mind you, but lots and lots of pictures. Wow! So many!

Then I remembered that a quite few years ago I counted over two hundred rose shrubs scattered throughout my garden. Each year a few get pulled out and 'transferred' to the bonfire. But a few newcomers arrive, needing a good forever home. And then I get the urge to visit an online nursery. Too easy!

There are so many roses that some years I even miss a few in my photography wanderings. Like Monsieur Tillier in the Henhouse garden. Oops, Monsieur sorry about that. I only seem to visit you when the sun is glaring, and your subtle colour needs more subdued lighting, an overcast day.

Last year I did a major shift of roses out of the Allotment Garden into the sunny and spacious Hump Garden. Names? Oops. Exactly where? Oops. But I'm sure I spied John Clare and Mrs Oakley Fisher a few days ago. Phew - I wanted John to survive, because I don't think he's available to purchase any more.

So obviously I have a lots of photographs. I should have at least two hundred. Silly me! And there's always room for more roses...