Goodbye, Forget-me nots,,,

It's high time I pulled out the old Forget-Me-Nots. This is serious stuff, and I have already made my first mistake - wearing my good woolly socks. Oops. Spent fifteen minutes last night slowly picking off the seeds.

So pretty.
Forget-Me-Nots

So far I've spent about five hours on this task, working my way around the edges of the borders. I roughly chop up the forget-me-nots, add them to the horse manure, and spread the mixture back on the garden. The weeds etc. (and the pieces of lawn which the mower missed) go in separate piles. I carefully do this for a week or so. Then I get bored and lazy and the whole lots goes all in together and ends up under a hedge. Oops.

And it's rose time. The first roses are now blooming merrily, and of course they overlap the late flowering rhododendrons. It's all so beautiful.

Colour co-ordinated with the Iris flower!
Bumble Bee

Tuesday 14th November

Today, after visiting the newish baby (who is very purposefully commando crawling), I came home and zoomed back onto the Driveway Lawn to do my equivalent (bottom-dragging). Two choices - clean up yesterday's mess, or ignore it, sit down with my secateurs, scissors, and hand digger and make some more mess. Hee hee. Guess what I chose?

More mess! Much more fun! I cleared the entrances to two of the Hump garden paths (they still don't go very far before being blocked by sprawling Alkanet and Campion). I finished off the edges. I made twice as much mess as yesterday, but it's all in piles on the lawn. And guess what? I left it all out there. What a rebel...

In the Hump Garden.
Pink Flowering Campion

And, being sensible, I wore my light weight trainers, shorts, and no socks. Those forget-me-not biddi-bids are so sticky.

And I'll be doing this for a wee while yet. I'm happy to leave them in the middle of the borders, but around the edges they are not a good look. They certainly live up to their name, hee hee.