More bonfiring...

Humph...
Bonfire

Oh joy. Have been working hard all day barrowing mess to the bonfire. On it puffed, flaming merrily, and off I plodded to get load after load. So one has to clean up a garden, in order to enjoy its beauty. I know that. Though one could have the beauty with someone else's hard work...

Down, please...

Hmm. It was so easy when the tree men were here to point to the three scruffy fastigate oaks and say 'Down, please'. Half an hour later, kerplunk, all three were down, and the men were driving away. Four weeks later and the scruffy mess has finally been removed. The chain-sawn logs remain, ready to be carted away and stacked.

But the hedges look beautiful...

But the sharp, neat edges of the shelter hedges look beautiful. It would be nice to wander past everything only looking up. Looking down, I'm afraid, one sees the hedge trimmings smothering the lawn. They're drying out, so bonfiring them is much less smoky. But they are so hard to handle. And they're too small for the shredder.

yeay!
Bonfire Help

OK. So I went back for one final push clearing the hedge trimmings - and I mean push! But look above - I had some really good help. An excellent day's work.

Saturday 21st October

Going back outside now to finish the hedge trimming clean-up. Please let this be the end if the process! It's a rather nice day, temperature-wise, and the All Blacks are into the final of the Rugby World Cup. My cough and cold linger on, but they only annoy me in the daytime. And my garden is beautiful.

Hmm. So I've finally cleared the garden-side lawn along the big Leyland hedge. I've also planted a couple of striped Phormiums in the Jelly Bean Border, and dug out (rather carefully) a luxuriant mound of Oxalis by the Pump House (a few bulbs arrived years ago with some Azaleas).

Yeay!

I'm done with bonfiring hedge trimmings. But the hedges look wonderful. I'm done with coughing. But I've got my mental and physical energy back. Yeay!