Moosey News : June 2012

Dear Subscriber,

This month's newsletter comes to you from my mid-winter month. So I've tried to keep things colourful and energetic - and as warm as possible. Brr... Enjoy.

This month's features :

1. Another Chelsea Flower No-Show
  2. Helen Dillon's Garden Book
  3. Painting the Garden Furniture
  4. Snow? I Didn't Order Snow...
  5. Colour in the Garden

Regulars :

1. Plant of the Month : Sally Holmes Rose
  2. Animal of the Month : Lilli-Puss my Grey Cat
  3. Garden Quote : Being G-O-O-D
  4. Garden Gallery : Feeding the Birds
  5. Forum Focus : Slowing Down?
  6. Gardening Advice : It's Obvious
  7. Searching for Moosey : garden tour
  8. Coming up this month : more winter

This month's features

1. Another Chelsea Flower No-Show

The title says it all, I guess. Wanted - free first class air tickets, pleasant companion to hold the camera, push away the crowds, and take dictated notes...

2. Helen Dillon's Garden Book

I've read this book six years after it was published - but good gardening books shouldn't grow old that quickly, should they?

3. Painting the Garden Furniture

Goodbye to my rustic, well-worn wooden outdoor furniture...

4. Snow? I Didn't Order Snow...

OK, it is winter, but snow? I don't remember ordering any snow...

5. Colour in the Garden

I definitely want my own copy of this brilliant book, which I discovered in my library.

Regulars

6. Plants of the Month : Sally Holmes Rose

Here's my small tribute to the real Sally Holmes, who passed away in April 2012.

7. Animal of the Month : Lilli-Puss the Grey Cat

Lilli-Puss, normally so reclusive, suddenly needs to reaffirm her love for me, and for gardening.

8. Garden Quote : Being G-O-O-D

Reward yourself for being a good gardener. So what exactly does G-O-O-D stand for?

9. Garden Gallery : Feeding the Birds

You'll like these photographs of the little birds (mainly wax-eyes) that I enjoy feeding in winter.

10. Forum Focus : Slowing Down?

The forums have been a bit slow lately. It's a technical problem, which hopefully the Moosey webmaster will sort out soon. Sorry!

11. Gardening Advice : It's Obvious

Some gardening advice is so obvious, yet I always have to remind myself. And I don't think I'm the only gardener who does.

12. Searching for Moosey : garden tour

garden tour
Searchers are welcome to web-tour my garden any time. I try and update the tour pages, keeping track of improvements, while retaining historical pages. Can I suggest you start with the alphabetical beginning - the Apple Tree Gardens? Trees, shrubs, flowers, and garden features all get a mention.

12. Coming up this month : more winter

But good gardeners are tough, and at least my winters are reasonably mild. And I think I'm doing such a great winter clean-up this year, so the results should be spectacular. Shouldn't they? I love being in my garden, whatever the season. Hope you're enjoying yours, too..

Cheers,