Moosey News : July-Sept 2013

Dear Subscriber,

Our gardening world is well-balanced - something flowery wakes up, while another garden is snoozing in hibernation. My garden is fast accelerating through spring, the pretty time of the year. Enjoy this selection of Moosey pages from the last few gardening months.

May Features :

1. Cat and Dog Speech
  2. On Top of Mount Herbert
  3. West Coast Road Trip
  4. SBW? Super-Bonfire-Woman!
  5. Crambe cordifolia

Regulars :

1. Plant of the Month : Camellias
  2. Animals of the Month : Minimus the Cottage Cat
  3. Garden Quote : Thanks to Gerald Manly Hopkins
  4. Garden Gallery : Westerland Rose
  5. Garden Thanks To : The Forum Faithfuls
  6. Gardening Advice : Theraputic and thrifty
  7. Searching for Moosey : mad gardeners
  8. Coming up this month : Hopefully not more weeds!

This month's features

1. Cat and Dog Speech

If only our furry cat and dog friends could talk back to us - I wonder what the conversations would be like?

2. On Top of Mount Herbert

Read my account of a wonderful day hike, with just enough snow to be atmospheric. This is one of my mid-winter pages.

3. West Coast Road Trip

I went to New Zealand's West Coast looking for garden gnomes and retro-style gardens. I didn't really find either, but I enjoyed myself.

4. SBW? Super-Bonfire-Woman!

In September we sustained rather a lot of fallen tree damage - mainly pines and gums. It took ages and ages to clean up the garden, and most of my September journals are full of all the details. Hmm...

5. Crambe cordifolia

I've grown this giant perennial for years without really taking enough notice of it. Finally I've taken some successful cuttings.

Regulars

6. Plants of the Month : Camellias

The plant of the month flowers in August, which is late winter (or early spring) in my garden. It's a beautiful shrub, the Camellia. I love Camellias, especially when the flowers are new. The old blooms can be a bit unsightly.

7. Animal of the Month : Minimus the Cottage Cat

Minimus the cottage cat, who is getting rather chunky, loves posing for the camera. Isn't she a sweetie? These photographs were taken back in July. She's even chunkier now.

8. Garden Quote : Thanks to Gerald Manly Hopkins

Gerald Manly Hopkins writes wonderful nature poetry. I'm sorry I plagiarised him, though.

9. Garden Gallery : Westerland Rose

I've collected some of my latest photographs to spruce up this rose page. It's such a luscious apricot colour.

10. Garden Thanks To : The Forum Faithfuls

For still posting their garden stories, while putting up with the clutch of people who daily try to sell us kitchens. Whoever would have thought that the k-word would become so annoying?

11. Gardening Advice : Theraputic and thrifty

Creating my own plants from cuttings and seeds is so rewarding. I enjoy it, and it keeps me out of spring trouble.

12. Searching for Moosey : mad gardeners

mad gardeners
Aha! You need to try my Gardening Mad quiz to see where you fit in the mad gardeners scale. Go on. Nobody important will notice...

12. Coming up this month : Hopefully not more weeds!

I'd much prefer to think about early summer colour, flowers, cheerful things, fresh new greenery - there's just so much to look forward to. Hope you're enjoying the good life in your garden.

Cheers,