Mooseys Honey Rose

Gabi
distinguished contributor
12/4/14 Bayway Village, Fern Bay, Newcastle; NSW Australia

Mooseys Honey Rose

29 Nov '13 10:07 pm
I don't know how to comment on your own rose forum , ma'am, so I will have to create one here for your unknown rose.

So far I have been all over the place today, here, there, under hats, coats, rakes, wheelbarrows...you name it, I've looked under it.

I was positive I'd found it half a dozen times, I think this might be your baby. Always on the understanding that some roses fade in the sunlight, and some actually become darker.

http://rosomanes.blogspot.com.au/2011/0 ... t-tea.html

This seems a good spot to find a lot of roses..? The photographs are just delicious

beginning_041-High Noon (Hybrid Tea, climbing, Lammerts, 1946).JPG
This could be it, I am trying to find a close-up!

BTW Have you read the nasty comment on your mystery pink rose? I'd reply and tell him to ...off!

Back soon,

Gabi

Gabi

Re: Mooseys Honey Rose

10 Dec '13 10:49 pm
Well, my next candidate for the position is the old Climber "Golden Showers" It is extremetly cold tolerant and if you look up ones grown in the UK (brass monkeys and all) they look just like it. You said that you grew it on the hitching rail, by the stables?? Is it tied to the rail?

All of these are grown in cool countries, Germany and the UK, OK? Over here in the hotter areas of OZ they will fade to nearly white in the full sun. I fell for the colours here, not matching yours in cool NZ.

Now lets see!
2372202626_82c3eb8727_z Golden Showers.jpg

rose_1192008 Golden Showers.jpg

1289300579_a58a366f1d_z Golden Showers.jpg

This one from the Royal Horticultural Society (UK)
Rosa-Golden-Showers_LW.jpg
picture a bit small.

What do you reckon?
Gabi

Kerole
A Gardener of Disrepair
Taupaki, New Zealand

12 Dec '13 6:17 am
I grow several Golden Showers along a fenceline behind the magenta Taiwanese cherries (fortunately they do not flower at the same time as the cherries- that would be a dreadful eyesore!). The colour is true clear yellow quickly fading to lemon as the flower ages. There never seems to be a half-open stage, the flowers jump from bud to fully open. Open blooms have a shaggy, ill-disciplined appeal, with irregular, floppy petals. Mine grow happily in semi-shade and terrible soil, although they are only 3 years old and have a lot of maturing to do. They also get pruned by the horses!

Gabi

12 Dec '13 11:31 pm
What spoiled horses, dining on roses and ....the mind boggles! Well that's pretty well what Moosey's rose looks like! It flowers like a mad thing, by the photos taken, but the roses are really untidy. They all have a messy crown of those funny shaped petaloids(?) in the middle. Go over to Moosey's Rose page and have a look.
Gabi

Return to Moosey's Rose Forum