Pretty but nameless

pumpkin
compost executive
Dairy Flat, New Zealand

Pretty but nameless

22 Oct '13 7:19 am
I was given a rosebush with no name from a garden under-going reconstruction. It was quite scrawny but has put on growth since then and is inclined to have long branching stems.

The rose has just started to bloom now. I think it lightens up a bit as the petals age. It is about 4 inches across. Not a lot of scent yet.

Does it look familiar to anyone? It's a long shot I know, so many roses look the same. :wink:
rose.jpg

Kerole
A Gardener of Disrepair
Taupaki, New Zealand

Re: Pretty but nameless

24 Oct '13 6:52 pm
Has a real hybrid tea look to it but I'm afraid I am useless when it comes to these things. I'll have a look through my old big book of roses.

I have another unknown rose to post about too...

Gabi
distinguished contributor
12/4/14 Bayway Village, Fern Bay, Newcastle; NSW Australia

27 Nov '13 1:53 am
I think she's a lovely rose! I am very fond of apricot toned roses and I will have a good look for you.
Gabi

Gabi
distinguished contributor
12/4/14 Bayway Village, Fern Bay, Newcastle; NSW Australia

27 Nov '13 2:22 am
Could it be Sunset Celebration? Look it up on google and go straight to images, it changes colour slightly, according to the seasons. It's a nice rose and worth having, I'd say. I love the combination of Mauve, Cream and Apricot Roses in the garden and even better in a Vase!
Good luck,
Gabi

pumpkin
compost executive
Dairy Flat, New Zealand

27 Nov '13 8:47 am
Thanks gabi, I had a look on-line as you suggested. There are so many images there. Some look very similar but some very different, I'm not too sure...

Return to Moosey's Rose Forum