jodie123
contributor

kroneburg rose changing colour

21 Feb '11 9:54 am
hi I have a friend who has kronenburg but in the australian summer its changed colour this season
can it do this

I have 4 kronenburgs which have never done this at all so was just wondering
thankyou

moosey
head gardener

Re: kroneburg rose changing colour

21 Feb '11 11:23 am
My kronenburgs have what I'd describe as an unstable colour. Some flowers can be quite cerise, then other flowers are less so. Also there's some cream - on the other sides of the petals? Not sure. I'd say they are not bred to be one single colour. Hope that helps!
Cheers, M
Head Gardener
mooseyscountrygarden.com
http://www.mooseyscountrygarden.com

jodie123
contributor

22 Feb '11 6:22 pm
yes it does I will tell my friend ,hers is almost the colour of lorraine lee ,I have been lucky with mine then as they have stayed the same colour,though my camera doesnt like to take photos of roses this colour
thankyou
new garden photos 004.JPG

rabika

2 Jul '13 11:32 pm
Dear Lady Moosey, thank you so much for your 29July2012 posting about this rose. I first noticed it whilst voting for MVP, the largish icon on the lower right. Clicked on that and have been looking for one ever since! Evidently, since it was bred in England, nurseries here do not carry it. Sigh. But. One day. .

Kerole
A Gardener of Disrepair
Taupaki, New Zealand

21 Jul '13 9:12 pm
I have to say I've never seen a Kronenberg with this colouring before. I like it - very odd indeed!

Andersan

30 Oct '14 6:54 pm
My camera doesnt like to take photos of roses this colour
We are the pioneers in providing C4060-156 You can get our 100% Android certification practice test Adams State University Also get free demos of University of California, Berkeley paced test engine to help you pass Northwood University

Return to Moosey's Rose Forum