McGredy's Sunset

Maree
helper

McGredy's Sunset

3 Mar '10 12:51 pm
Hello, I am trying to find a rose called McGredy's Sunset. It has a deep yellow centre, spreading out to a sunset orange on the outer petals and with a scarlet rim on the outside edges. We had this rose in our garden right throughout my childhood, but it died about 8 years ago, just after my father died. I would dearly love to buy another one. I am having a great deal of trouble finding one in Australia. Would anyone have any advice on where to find one? Thanks. Maree

jack two
The new improved Jack Holloway v.2

Good luck

6 Mar '10 4:10 am
The following link proves that you can get it, at least in the UK. But it predates the dedicated plant-breeders code which would help you to find a modern rose. Here we have a "pages from South Africa" option on a google search. I suggest if you have a way of searching Australian webpages only that you do a search for "McGredy + Sunset + rose"

http://www.classicroses.co.uk/roses/m/m ... unset.html

Maree
helper

6 Mar '10 6:58 pm
Thankyou for your post. I realise that it is a very old rose and for some reason 'out of favour' currently.
I have tried the internet with little success in Australia, but shan't give up just yet! Thankyou very much for your advice and the link to the website. Happy Gardening!
Maree

Return to Moosey's Rose Forum