Help with ID please

wrg

Help with ID please

16 Feb '09 11:35 am
I had this rose growing on my RV space in south Texas. I could not find anyone who knew the variety, so I took this photo. Anyone know what it is? It had unbelievable stems! One measured over 3ft long! It is the most beautiful rose I have ever seen.

Thanks,
William
texas_rose.jpg
Texas rose

moosey
head gardener

22 Feb '09 8:35 am
It's a beautiful colour! Sorry that I can't help you - sometimes things like the form, the scent, leaf colour etc. are needed in a rose ID - more so than the flower! Good luck with your search for the name of this beauty!
Head Gardener
mooseyscountrygarden.com
http://www.mooseyscountrygarden.com

Mark
Home gardener & plant fetishist
Berkeley, California, USA

Possibly 'Mr. Lincoln'

23 Feb '09 6:36 am
That one has long stems and a great red color.
Mark in California

Q: "Do you ever sit down?"
A: "All the time until the urge to 'play' some more becomes too strong."

jack two
The new improved Jack Holloway v.2

Check on scent

28 Feb '09 6:36 pm
Some of the most powerfully scented roses are also of the most beautiful reds. Others are quite scentless. The slight patterning on the petals could help: is it a change in colour or only of texture? The best reds are both satiny and velvety in texture, but not usually in a 'stripey' way. Mr Lincoln is one possibility. Chrysler Imperial and Papa Meilland are two more. Why don't you do a search on these roses and check what they say about the bush as a whole. That might give you an answer, and also lead you to worthwhile rose sites.

Good luck!

beth.iflorist
valued contributor

3 Jul '09 10:35 pm
Sorry, I don't know which type of rose is this but I would like to say only one thing that it is awesome. Beth www.iflorist.co.uk

Return to Moosey's Rose Forum