Gabi
distinguished contributor
12/4/14 Bayway Village, Fern Bay, Newcastle; NSW Australia

Re: Yet Another Unknown Rose...

9 Dec '10 4:00 pm
Hi all, I'm a Newbie and a rose Tragic. I recognised the pink rose as Mme Leonie at about the 3rd picture. I have two of them, but they do have perfume...? The climate is a huge influence on their colour as well. I didn't see where you are from, but on the east coast of Oz, they do best in the spring as the brilliant pink edging keeps its colour longer. As the summer comes in, the heat & light will fade them before they open. The cooler NZ climate would probably suit them better.

Our spring was wonderful this year, mainly because we got a decently cold winter and everything came out properly. Here is a picture of my M. Leonie in September.Image

Kerole
A Gardener of Disrepair
Taupaki, New Zealand

12 Dec '10 12:08 pm
Hello Gabi from Oz! Nice to have you here.

I have a large country garden with several roses that I have no names for. I am especially keen to find a name for some stunning standards I have growing along the front of the house. Please have a look at that other thread and see if you recognise them. I need all the help I can get on rose naming! :D

MacFlax
Canberra, Australia

12 Dec '10 2:00 pm
Hi Gabi. Lovely pic!

reetzblak
helper

7 Jan '11 8:57 am
The flowers are pale pink and pale mid, apricottish yellow center. The plant has large dark green leaves, long thick cane, moderate thorns. It flowers once in mid spring flowers have no fragrance. I have four of these growth along the wall - all of which are on their own roots, I'm sure there are some from cuttings.

MacFlax
Canberra, Australia

Re: sense

16 Jan '11 4:54 am
huangdong60 wrote:Xiao Bian Qing Qing recommend deleted new winter jacket against the chill wind at the same time you deleted slim. Vivian Chow turn the outdoor deleted endorsement AIGLE, portrait interpretation of the autumn and deleted winter series. White short paragraph designed to make the waist down deleted waist more slender.

Anyone else find the title of the post ironically amusing? :lol:

jack two
The new improved Jack Holloway v.2

16 Jan '11 7:20 am
Touche, MacFlax [-o< :lol: [-o< :lol: [-o<

mostwanted

8 May '12 9:50 pm
This is an article that sets out the steps of how to create a good designed garden. It suggests how to break the garden up into smaller bits and tackle one at a time. It defines the concepts of formal and informal and some of the different types of gardens you can create. It talks about choosing plant material, tips on colour and what makes a garden work well. Good design is about creating mystery, surprise and tension and this article helps you learn how to create these.

Gabi
distinguished contributor
12/4/14 Bayway Village, Fern Bay, Newcastle; NSW Australia

8 May '12 10:40 pm
I am a bit confused with the additions to this article, not making sense?

moosey
head gardener

9 May '12 8:49 am
No, definitely not threading properly! If you have time, see if you can ID this rose for me - photo taken in poor light in autumn. That should get us back on track! I thought it was Handel, but I'm wrong. It's a climber.
handel-rose.jpg
Head Gardener
mooseyscountrygarden.com
http://www.mooseyscountrygarden.com

Kerole
A Gardener of Disrepair
Taupaki, New Zealand

9 May '12 12:37 pm
Hey Moosey no pushing in! I've got Gabi looking into two of my roses - you wait your turn! No favouritism just 'coz you're the site owner and all...

:P 8) :lol:

PreviousNext

Return to Moosey's Rose Forum