moosey
head gardener

Re: Jardine en Tejas ~ 2012

16 Jan '13 3:06 pm
Dear lovely Bonny, I do hope that 2013 is going to behave for you. Please don't lose all your gardening faith! Can I send you some spare of mine?

My 2013 cats calendar is being posted to you tomorrow, it should hopefully arrive with enough January left to enjoy Fluff-Fluff (Mister January). This dear cat is at the vet's as I write - have just been to see him. He is a rather sick cat, and I am a rather sad cat-owner! And i feel terribly guilty that I've allowed him to get so supersized.

But enough of me - all the very best to you, dear friend! Tell those grasshoppers to hop off! Cheers, M
Head Gardener
mooseyscountrygarden.com
http://www.mooseyscountrygarden.com

riobrazos2
Grandview, Texas

16 Jan '13 5:35 pm
Ye gods! Fluff-Fluff is sick! What is wrong? Does the vet know yet? How long has he been sick? I never truly thought he was overweight because long-haired fellows are skinny-skinny when given a bath. I pray, pray, pray he will be all right. . . I do not need. . . .

b.

p.s. Thank you so much for the calendar, dearest Fluff-Fluff needs to be Mr. January next year, too!

moosey
head gardener

16 Jan '13 5:56 pm
He had an 'emergency' operation to remove bladder stones yesterday evening, and now is recovering at the vets. Luckily I took him there straight away when I realised he was in pain. We had no warning of his problem. Anyway, there he is with a drip and a cat collar, and though I'm feeling pretty sad I do know that this is a common 'condition' for large male cats. Bonny, I'll let you know when he comes home. Sorry to alarm you, but it's just that I know you understand these things! And thanks for your thoughts. It really helps! Cheers and cat-hugs, M
Head Gardener
mooseyscountrygarden.com

riobrazos2
Grandview, Texas

16 Jan '13 6:12 pm
Gracious. Know you would be perforce, but am most thankful you are so observant!!! Lady Moosey, 16.3 pounds is not over-weight for a large breed, stature cat. Samwise is half Persian and Maine Coon and he weighs 17 pounds (7.7 kg.) and he is considered hale and hearty by my vet. He does have urinary tract problems and has been on a special urinary tract diet for that for years now. It is quite a challenge to keep Miss B. out of his food, which is why it is by my computer desk, but it works as he has not had any problems since the first diagnosis. Non-Gardening partner thought Fluff-Fluff to be a Norwegian Forest Cat and they are large. Not as large as a Maine Coon can be, I don't think. How old is dear Sir Fluff-Fluff?

still praying,
b.

riobrazos2
Grandview, Texas

8 Jun '14 10:00 pm
Hello, hello! So do not faint, t'is really me! Can't sleep, happens too, too much these days, will move in sleep and it used to be left knee that would awaken me with its pain, for the past week it has been both of them. Bleh. Relief? Tuesday I am most fortunate to finally have knee replacement surgery! Truly can hardly wait.

On to me garden. 2011: Worst drought in the written history of Texas (even beating the thirteen year one in the 50's, early 60's) and 57% of the state is still in drought. 2012: Obliteration by grasshoppers. 2013: For the very first time in my beyond infancy life, Spring meant close to nothing to me, two years of too grim garden history. 2013 picked up though. Was notified Vintage Gardens was closing - renown antique rose nursery. Raided all piggy banks (useful habit, collecting piggy banks, plus kitty and froggy banks :) ) to place three orders. Competition fierce, but received gorgeous roses in bands. The second order was the biggest, sixteen babies. Placed them in shade on back patio. Had to race to leave for two root canals. Took five hours. Angry and devastated as the sun was on patio after that length of time. Lost ten of the roses. Cried bitter, bitter, heartbroken tears. Ordered 3 gal. nursery pots and started giving babies new homes. Synvisc injections in knees. Fourth shots, always helped before. Severe reaction, both knees swell bigger than ostrich eggs, agonizing pain. Hubband took me to ER. Finally quelled pain, but knees were in dreadful shape. Could not manage to transplant little rosies for a time. Did get them done before dream trip of decades and decades. Have clucked over them as good as any mother hen, lost two more. But. Have thirty to plant!! :D Knee progressively worse after return from trip. See great surgeon in February. Wants me to do physical therapy, was real challenge, but stuck it out because he wanted me to do it. Then he is booked up until June. Sigh. Knee advanced beyond worse starting Friday a week ago, as of Wednesday right knee started hurting, now seriously hurting. Surgery: June tenth in Dallas! Hurrah!! =D>

In May, am over the MOON happy to finally (after 22 years!!) get not one, but two big flower beds tilled!! Talk about excited! The front yard bed along the front of the house is fifty (50!!!) feet long, the one along the back is approximately 25 ft. long. We have a delightful spring, it is actually cool up until this past week. And in the most dire of frustration, knee meant could not plant a thing. Feel like a lion in a big hamster wheel. Arrrggghhh. So. Clucketh still over baby roses, growing happily, promising them big homes when fall comes. Worry about them, as there is some gruesome new viral killer rose disease that has appeared in Dallas. When it shows up, the roses should be burned, but many landscaped roses are still there, not any one paying attention to the problem.

Had sixty-ninth birthday. Brain has serious discourse with body about why it is not complying with orders. Self does not feel aforesaid age, CPU still flying along, telling bod to get with it. Am planning to be half as fit as a fiddle this fall, if not sooner. Excited about new beds and the planning and planting thereof. Hoping right knee can hold the line until winter. . . .

have missed ya'll sorely,
b.

MacFlax
Canberra, Australia

19 Jun '14 3:09 am
Oh Bonny! :shock: :(
I hope by now you are rocketing along on your exercise bike, or whatever it is that you do after surgery. I injured my knee a few years ago, not quite badly enough to need surgery, but I needed physio. Rather disconcerting to sit on an exercise bike and not be able to do anything. The physio suggested I try going backwards at first. Slowly backwards. Eventually I was able go forward, and then faster and faster. So great when it all starts working the way it should again. I hope you will be there soon! Big ((((hugs)))) to you.

riobrazos2
Grandview, Texas

22 Jun '14 2:12 pm
Hello! Hello, you!! Thank you muchly for the hugs! :) Knee is coming along very well, get staples out Monday. Everything since surgery, including it, has been next to pain free after dealing with knee. Physical therapist is a wonder(ful) person who has truly helped. And dearest hubband. He has risen even further in the ranks of sainthood (got that automatically for marrying me) for taking such good, good care of my plants, especially outdoors, and mine kitten-cats. He insists they tell him every day: When is She coming back??!?

love to you all,
b.

moosey
head gardener

25 Jun '14 2:21 pm
Aha! Saint Husband! Hope he and you are recovering OK Bonny. And thanks so much for my proper letter! Such a treat to spend time (not too much time)deciphering someone nice's handwriting, hee hee. Hugs from me and love to the cats and catlets. They are so lucky to have you! Lots of love, M
Head Gardener
mooseyscountrygarden.com

Kerole
A Gardener of Disrepair
Taupaki, New Zealand

25 Jun '14 6:35 pm
Yay!! Bonny's back! :)

Best of luck in your recovery B. Two new knees - you won't know yourself! Two new garden beds await - what a treat!

I so look forward to hearing (and seeing?) your gardening news.

Love for you, your Saint Hubband, and the kitties.

MacFlax
Canberra, Australia

27 Jun '14 1:16 am
I'm so glad things are going well. :)

PreviousNext

Return to My Garden & Plants