riobrazos2
Grandview, Texas

Jardine en Tejas ~ 2012

23 Jan '12 6:23 am
Yaay! A new title for me garden: thanks, Jack! Mentioning Jack, whererfore art thou?

Weeding, weeding I've been: Yipee! Yipee! Hooray!! So easy to imagine the Queen's "Off with their heads!" whilst weeding and thinking of our plethora of yucksome polititians!!!! O:) \:D/ :-D Have been at the Amaryllis bed this morning. Now. Must extract mine self from reading about Lady Moosey's garden (oh lush, lush, beautiful Driveway garden and all those zaftig daisies) to go turn compost pile, weed some more and attend to The Ten Snips for today. The Ten Snips? To be generous and careful of hands, allow self ten snipping down of thinnish, very tiresome volunteers of ligustrums and even more invasive chinaberry trees (hosts of them now, but indeed diminishing!) Allow use of the big loping trimmer for four or five whacks, depending on reports back from hands.

Oh, yes. . . insomnia last night. . . drooled over rose websites till 4AM!

bye,
b.

Kerole
A Gardener of Disrepair
Taupaki, New Zealand

Re: Jardine en Tejas ~ 2012

23 Jan '12 7:35 am
Go Bonny!! New fresh blog page. New fresh approach to body care. New fresh gardening outlook. All good my friend.

We'd love to see some pictures you know. The ugly 'before' shots are just as valuable to us lot as the pretty 'after' ones. It's nice to document your progress too...

riobrazos2
Grandview, Texas

13 Feb '12 12:11 pm
Hubband and I just staggered in, well - me staggering, from him digging the new bed I wanted last fall. . . it's about losing yet another garden helper. Sigh. But! Hubband is a dearest and came to my poor daffodils rescue. Am getting them in at the last possible minute. :oops: It was 37F and just getting dark when in we came in, and I saw wee, very small snowflakes commencing. Snow, rain, sleet, rain on for tonight and tomorrow. Am no longer discouraged, though, some real, live garden progress today!

moosey
head gardener

17 Feb '12 7:56 am
Lets hear it for the big lopping trimmers! Couldn't do so much without mine. See me attacking small twiglet with huge unweildy, voilently waving loppers. Overkill, methinks, but soooooooo kind on the hands. Enjoy, B, and love you're posting again. M
Head Gardener
mooseyscountrygarden.com
http://www.mooseyscountrygarden.com

gordonf
Happy Collector
Lillooet, BC, Canada

3 Mar '12 4:40 pm
Well, Riobrazos2, how's the garden coming along? It's nearly spring here on the northwest coast, so your area must be far ahead of us. I've been hearing about the many tornadoes in the central and southeast of the U.S. today. I hope that didn't include your area. How're things going there?

-gordonf

riobrazos2
Grandview, Texas

3 Mar '12 7:07 pm
Hello, Gordon! Our weather is not as grim as what is happening east of Texas, those tornadoes were fierce. Our weather has me a tad spooked though, especially after last "spring" and summer, we are far too warm, too early. We finally managed to have some terrific rains, starting a month ago with an amazing, welcome seven inches and another inch and a half week before last. That gets my area out of the severe drouth, and am seeing full ponds where I had not even known they existed! Unfortunately the rest of Texas needs 6 to 12 inches to come out of the worst drought in Texas history. It was so grim it has taken me ages of hand-wringing to even decide which seeds to order. My daffodils really took a hit, especially the ones out by the Pioneer House, good foliage has come up, but very few blooms. Am thankful they even managed to pull through, as there is not really an easy way to water them that far out. My others have not bloomed all at once, but they are blooming, or about to. However. I have little to show when compared to that Daffodil-Planting-Amazon-Paragon aka. Lady Moosey! Irises are just commencing to send up their bloom stalks, and with the temps sometimes in the 80's with strong winds, am glad they are holding off. Last spring was so achingly disappointing, as nothing, including daffs, could withstand the mid-80's temps and 45 to 55 mph winds. A "spring" of four days just doesn't qualify for me.

Love your diverse and intricate garden, and the fact you are so great at pictures and the posting thereof. Have been shy and remiss with the array of fine photographers on the forums. Alas, a puny armed T. rex could probably handle posting in a snap, much better than self! :oops: Am going to have to make a more concerted effort . . . .

b.

MacFlax
Canberra, Australia

3 Mar '12 8:21 pm
Awaiting concerted effort of photographs. :) I hope you will have a much better season this year!

riobrazos2
Grandview, Texas

3 Mar '12 8:58 pm
Hello, you!!! Did you see my apology? Thank you for "speaking" to me again!

MacFlax
Canberra, Australia

3 Mar '12 11:01 pm
Yes, I did, please, no apology needed!

gordonf
Happy Collector
Lillooet, BC, Canada

4 Mar '12 1:06 pm
Hello again! I'm SO glad the tornadoes missed your area! I'd really like to see some pics of the garden. Even if it's dry and you may not think it looks very good, that doesn't mean that we, in other climes, wouldn't drool over it! What sort of plants are native there? Have many of them been domesticated and developed? Fill us in, okay?

-gordonf

Next

Return to My Garden & Plants