riobrazos2
Grandview, Texas

Re: Jardine en Tejas ~ 2012

16 Jul '14 1:28 am
Boy! Am not receiving notices that my Moosey Garden friends are posting! Yikes!! I thought maybe it was because I gardeneth not. . . . Am getting better though, am now, as of last week using a cane instead of the walker. :D Had just gotten the kitties, who were afraid of walker, to accept soothing tones that Mom temporarily needed four more legs, then to repeat with cane. Maddie has been the most ultra-cautious, but she accepted, a little, that my extra legs weren't coming after her and that I wasn't as gifted as she was in the leg department. The cane she accepts a bit more, but Samwise gives it a dirty look and runs... But the girls (Miel and Yassi) are a delight! :) They rubbed up against walker and Miel is one very dedicated little nurse am most happy to say, as has Samwise.

T'is a certified cinch will NOT have right knee replacement, when the time comes, in spring or summer. Have been "climbing" the walls because cannot get out to garden. :( However, when finally could go out for a time, it has been bliss just to sit and breathe it in. Assure it I love it muchly and can hardly wait to get back to tending it! Knee is bending quite well, but do not think I can manage the long way down to my little stool just yet. Must say was thrilled and tickled when physical therapist said I was doing excellently on Friday of the second week. Surprised me, as I had just thought I was like anyone else (for once?)

Love the new "What's in your pot." And Kerole, how are your lady cats doing?

Lady Moosey, thank you so much for telling me you got the very late wee card. Was beginning to think I was persona non grata, or you had not received it! :(

Thank you so much, dear friends, for all the encouragement!

love,
b.

riobrazos2
Grandview, Texas

16 Jul '14 1:34 am
Also meant to tell you of a wonderful two year old cat, Slinky Minki: http://halopets.com/freekibble/donation171.html What a dear, persistent fellow, and I love his name!

Take care dear friends,
b.

moosey
head gardener

17 Jul '14 9:58 am
Great to hear that those leg-knees-limbs still sort of know what to do, dear friend! And nice to hesr new news of all those cats. I can see myself maybe not too many years from now beetling along the paths with a walker getting well and truly stuck!

Winter here, Bonny, and interesting weather. Cold early, then about 11:30 the temperature warms up. But everything stays sort of cold and damp. Dilemma - to wash muddy gardening clothes or to just move carefully when inside and hope that not too much drops off the knees of the jeans. And then taking off the gardening shoes is all very well, but the socks inside are worse. And you will understand this - it takes absolutely ages to remove and put on shoes with laces. Hmm...

Today I'm off to try and clean up more things. Always trying. The driveways are really muddy, as are the lawns, so there's no clean-footed way to get around anywhere. And I guess I'll finish the day with a bonfire. So my hair and clothes will be smoky smoky.

Have a groovy month, and hope that everything works for you! Lots of love, M
Head Gardener
mooseyscountrygarden.com
http://www.mooseyscountrygarden.com

MacFlax
Canberra, Australia

18 Jul '14 11:54 pm
What a wonderful story about Slinky. :)
I'm glad your therapy is coming along well.

riobrazos2
Grandview, Texas

19 Jul '14 4:27 am
MacFlax,yes! Thought she and the little boy most precious.

Lady Moosey, beyond the fact that you are a more intrepid gardener than self, do you have those pull on mud boots? Granted they aren't too quick to get off, but faster than laces. Am lol about the mud on jeans, as I have had to do creaky-like maneuvers to keep gravity from clodding up the house! What about coveralls? Something else to take off, though.

Can hardly wait to get to reclaim my garden! And does it ever need it!!

love, b.

Kerole
A Gardener of Disrepair
Taupaki, New Zealand

19 Jul '14 5:32 pm
So glad your spirits are up once again B! I can hear the rising excitement in your words re the garden and all your plans for it. Squeeze the cats from me, and please keep us all posted on how your gammy knee is coming along :)

PS The cats thank you for your inquiry. Mrs Slocombe continues to put on weight, she gets quite a wobble on when trotting now. Mrs Sharples is as sleek and nimble as ever. They are both curled tight on the kids quilts :)

riobrazos2
Grandview, Texas

21 Jul '14 12:11 pm
Gammy knee is now a point of pride, it is doing great! But the last thing wonderful Dr. Surgeon said was that stamina would be zip for a long time. He was oh so correct.

Glad the Mrs.'s know who to really pamper, bet the undergardners love them mightily!

love,
b.

Gabi
distinguished contributor
12/4/14 Bayway Village, Fern Bay, Newcastle; NSW Australia

22 Jul '14 3:50 pm
Sorry to have been off the planet for so long, moving house at our age has been a.... what? Trial by fire? Torture? We are well and I have to go now as shopping must be done to stock the larder before the car enters the smash repairs place for 6 days (includes weekend!) I can't drive any more and help from the volunteer drivers here is usually kept for emergencies.

Love you all back soon
Gabi

MacFlax
Canberra, Australia

24 Jul '14 7:23 pm
I hope your stamina is improving Bonny.
Gabi, I hope you will post an update on how things are going with you. Best wishes.

Previous

Return to My Garden & Plants