skar88
contributor

Is it ok to water plants at night?

16 Aug '10 12:12 am
Is it ok to water plants at night?
I heard that fungal attack can happen on leaves when you water plants at night but wouldn't the same happen when it rains at night? Is it really of harm?

MatthewWilliam
valued member

Re: Is it ok to water plants at night?

5 Oct '10 4:58 pm
Yes you can water plans at night. There is no problem in that.

MacFlax
Canberra, Australia

5 Oct '10 9:11 pm
MatthewWilliam wrote:Yes you can water plans at night. There is no problem in that.

Except when there is of course. :roll:

moosey
head gardener

6 Oct '10 7:36 am
Hee hee... Well said, my friend! But what exactly did you say?
Head Gardener
mooseyscountrygarden.com
http://www.mooseyscountrygarden.com

bsherrin

26 Oct '10 6:06 am
Lot's of different answers on this one so I can only give you my opinion and what I do.

There's no point watering plants in the midday sun. The water will evaporate before it gets as far down as the plant roots.

Early evening is best. The plants will have enjoyed the benefits of the suns heat and will appreciate a good drink.

I've removed a link on this post. It's really good advice, but is copied from a Yahoo answers website, where the original was posted three years ago. So it's one of those fake fakes, I'm afraid. Cheers, M

mahbub
helper

1 Jun '14 11:00 pm
It depends on your climate & whether or not or not you wet foliage after you water. you are doing wish to do to make certain that foliage dries between the time you water & dark therefore leaves don't stay wet all night as a call for participation to any or all things plant life. Or, like I attempt to do - don't wet foliage after you water, unless it's early within the day - even then, I avoid it.

irag12

15 Sep '14 9:48 pm
Thank you for reply me here, I think just 14X14 size garden which is behind my home. I want to planting pumpkin in my garden. Is it possible? If yes, then please tell me whole information about how can I planting pumpkins in this garden?

MacFlax
Canberra, Australia

16 Sep '14 1:05 am
irag12 wrote:Thank you for reply me here, I think just 14X14 size garden which is behind my home. I want to planting pumpkin in my garden. Is it possible? If yes, then please tell me whole information about how can I planting pumpkins in this garden?

You're welcome for the reply but which reply do you mean because I see a few replies but no previous question from you so which reply to which question do you mean because I don't see any previous question to which the reply you are saying thank you to might be so which one is it?

moosey
head gardener

16 Sep '14 8:26 am
The best way to plant pumpkins is to plant them.
Head Gardener
mooseyscountrygarden.com
http://www.mooseyscountrygarden.com

Kerole
A Gardener of Disrepair
Taupaki, New Zealand

17 Sep '14 7:09 am
Haha - yes tell that to the 3 packets of sunflower seeds sitting by my front door! Why haven't the blasted things sprouted yet? :lol:

Next

Return to My Garden & Plants