Snowtime

Swallowstitch
honoured contributor
Geraldine New Zealand

Snowtime

17 Aug '04 12:36 pm
Here is Hillbrook Farm under its mantle of snow. Somewhere under all that white fluffycold stuff is my garden.
Oops, somehow I doubled up on this one, two for the price of one.
I am no more nor no less a creation than those with foliage, fur or feathers. We are all equal on Mother Earth.If this were so it would be a perfect world.

Swallowstitch
honoured contributor
Geraldine New Zealand

A Soft Wet Mattress

17 Aug '04 12:47 pm
Our loopy dog lovesto snooze in the sun, he'll flop down anywhere, as this photo proves.Only a few pawsteps away is a nice dry, warm foam rubber mattress..... but it wasn't in the sun, and that makes all the difference you see.
Eccentric Elderly Dog.jpg
Zzzzzzz!
I am no more nor no less a creation than those with foliage, fur or feathers. We are all equal on Mother Earth.If this were so it would be a perfect world.

Bex
Camberwell, London

lovely snow pictures

18 Aug '04 5:55 am
Hey Swallowstitch -

Unfortunately the first snow picture automatically deleted because it was there twice (strange html logic!). It was beautiful - could you post it again?

Thanks!

Swallowstitch
honoured contributor
Geraldine New Zealand

Snowed Under

18 Aug '04 6:57 pm
I'll have another go at getting it right.
House &Garden Under Snow.jpg
They snow is good for the garden. Heres hoping.

Swallowstitch
honoured contributor
Geraldine New Zealand

Snowed Under By My Mistakes

18 Aug '04 7:05 pm
Oh dear, :roll: the text was supposed to read

They say snow is good for the garden. Here's hoping...
At least I only put up one photo this time Eggy.
Give me a month and I'll be sure to have a handle on this thing.
Meantime how about a pre snow shot of something pretty to cheer us up.
Crocuses under seige.jpg
These cheery faces greeted me one sunny morning not long before the snow, they were in danger of being overtaken by that ajuga so I removed it... with extreme care.

moosey
head gardener

27 Aug '04 8:38 am
Snow - Right - Today I have a complete day off from any commitments, plus heaps of energy - I'm inspired by New Zealand winning gold AND silver in the Men's Triathlon - and the weather forecast says SNOW to sea level. Well, I can't argue with that, but I'm jolly well going to pretend I didn't hear it! Denial might work...

Seriously, I love your photo of dog-in-snow! Taj-dog does prolonged back-scratches in snow, and Mugs the cat is terrified - when I put her outside in the snow she freezes (!) - then leaps to safety.

Hope your garden is going well, coping with this late winter weather.
Cheers.
Head Gardener
mooseyscountrygarden.com
http://www.mooseyscountrygarden.com

Return to My Garden & Plants