My garden

MacFlax
Canberra, Australia

Re: My garden

29 Dec '15 3:30 pm
I hope everyone had a nice Christmas.
FenWillow, I saw the movie Roxanne on television again last weekend, I love the BC scenery.
Yesterday I did some necessary exercise at the nature reserve, so here's a pic, not exactly my garden but sort of my 'backyard'.
Dec2015.jpg

moosey
head gardener

30 Dec '15 7:40 am
Wonderful backyard! Hope your garden is having a jolly Christmas, and all the best for next year. Cheers, M
Head Gardener
mooseyscountrygarden.com
http://www.mooseyscountrygarden.com

fenwillow
Fraser Valley, BC, Canada

2 Jan '16 6:03 am
Thank you MacFlax. I think that movie was shot in Nelson, in the Kootenays, which is a very beautiful part of BC. I went there for the first time a few years ago with my daughter and granddaughter. We had a great time.

Happy New Year to all!
FenWillow,
Fraser Valley, British Columbia
Canada

Kerole
A Gardener of Disrepair
Taupaki, New Zealand

14 Jan '16 7:52 am
Whoa! That's gorgeous. What a lovely scene.

MacFlax
Canberra, Australia

19 Jan '16 2:03 am
My garden is looking tired and confused with all the weird weather, heatwave one day and heater on the next. So here's some 'borrowed landscape', these are at my local botanic garden. :D

Corymbia.jpg
Corymbia

Blandfordia.jpg
Blandfordia

Mark
Home gardener & plant fetishist
Berkeley, California, USA

19 Jan '16 5:48 am
Boy I know a lot of garden enthusiasts here in California who would love to come over for a closer look at your Corymbia. There is one growing in the botanical garden in Santa Cruz a little south of where I am, but it struggles to survive. Your's is amazing.
Mark in California

Q: "Do you ever sit down?"
A: "All the time until the urge to 'play' some more becomes too strong."

MacFlax
Canberra, Australia

22 Jan '16 1:36 am
I googled. Is that the UCSC Arboretum? I'm enjoying exploring the website.
The trees at our botanic gardens are Corymbia ficifolia 'Dwarf Orange' and 'Dwarf Crimson'. The orange one was much more vivid last week.
1-21Jan16.jpg
2-21Jan16.jpg

Mark

22 Jan '16 1:43 pm
Wow that orange one is something else again. I went there today and took a couple pictures of the flowers and name sign. I'll post it right after dinner.
Mark in California

Mark

22 Jan '16 11:38 pm
Okay. Here is the one I remember, a Eucalypt as it turns out. Eucalyptus caesia.

ImageIMG_1293 (1) by Mark Delepine, on Flickr

And here is another one which caught my eye today, Eucalyptus preissiana.

ImageIMG_1307 by Mark Delepine, on Flickr

And then there was this Palm Lily which I'd never noticed before, Cordyline petiolaris. Hard to tell from the photo but a good deal taller than I.

ImageIMG_1299 by Mark Delepine, on Flickr
Mark in California

MacFlax
Canberra, Australia

Re: Not my garden

23 Jan '16 3:02 pm
Eucalyptus caesia looked and sounded familiar so I checked, yes, there's a variety called 'Silver Princess' which is quite popular here.

The Eucalyptus preissiana is lovely. I hadn't heard of it, not surprising because there's a huge number of eucalypts.

That cordyline is beautiful. I believe there are quite a lot of varieties of cordyline from small plants to tree size types, but most are frost-sensitive so the only one grown around here is Cordyline Australis. In recent years it has become available in nurseries in different colours but that is still only a small proportion of the variety out there.

I found a pic I took at the Botanic Gardens earlier this month with a cordyline amongst xanthorrhoeas and gymea lilies.
Also a couple of pics from the native daisy garden.

I suppose I should post some pics of MY garden but it really hasn't done too well this summer.

cordylines&xanthorrhoeas.jpg
daisies.jpg
daisies2.jpg
Last edited by MacFlax on 23 Jan '16 3:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.

PreviousNext

Return to My Garden & Plants