New organic gardening forum

Bex
Camberwell, London

New organic gardening forum

29 Nov '05 11:21 am
Hello all, and welcome to the new organic gardening forum. I hope this will prove a useful space for everyone to share their knowledge and experience of organic gardening.

I've moved all the older posts which are relevant to this section.

Happy, nature-friendly gardening!
compost-bins-london.jpg
The most luxurious compost bins I've ever seen, in London's Edwardes Square. The 5 bins were taller than me, tucked away behind a hedge, and had an archway covering the path.

catsmum
honoured helper
Castlemaine, Victoria, Australia

9 Dec '05 3:38 pm
my goodness ... that is unbelieveable!
btw Bex thankyou for starting this forum. I hope it will be used to full advantage

cheers
Susan
You can be sad that roses have thorns or happy that thorns have roses

Cristina Diaz
valued member
London

Going organic

12 Dec '05 3:23 am
Hello

Thanks Bex for setting up the forum. Going organic is a very healthy option, almost everything I buy nowadays is organic. I have even started to use organic deodorant, which is much less harmful than non organic ones...

I've started a little veg garden by planting two small organic potatoes in two pots. I haven't got a garden space as such, just two different balconies, so I garden in pots. I planted a potatoe twice this year and twice I got a few potatoes, grown completely naturally, without pesticides. Now I'm planting organic ones, waiting to taste them already... Smile

Potatoes grow so quickly that it is a very nice veg to start an organic garden. They only need quite a lot of water, and rarely will they have white flies, but any other than don't require much special care.

I just planted them yesterday, so I'm not expecting potatoes until in a couple of months time. The weather? Doesn't matter much, never mattered to my potatoes there.

Cris

---
Cristina Diaz is an author and founder of the Beautiful Gardens Email Club.
Get your free garden reports at http://www.soapystuff.com/free-garden-reports.html

pumpkin
compost executive
Dairy Flat, New Zealand

21 Dec '05 6:34 am
Well Done Bex! :D

Return to Organic Gardening