Organic Gardening

MacFlax
Canberra, Australia

Organic Gardening

26 Jul '13 4:24 pm
Yes, like the heading says, this forum is about organic gardening. I should probably post here more often. The only pesticide I used was isopropyl alcohol for an outbreak of mealy bugs. Then someone in a nursery mentioned that particular variety of pittosporum is very prone to it so out it came. That's the catch, I do try to avoid planting anything that is prone to problems in the first place so sometimes it's a bit limiting.

pumpkin
compost executive
Dairy Flat, New Zealand

Re: Organic Gardening

3 Nov '13 7:49 am
*bump - burying a weed :mrgreen:

That's a very good idea MacFlax, unfortunately I love so many things that don't grow well in my garden and being a greedy gardener I go ahead and plant them. Nature usually knows better tho and settles the score. The plant karks it! :lol:

MacFlax
Canberra, Australia

7 Nov '13 11:51 pm
Good work Pumpkin! :mrgreen:

freshgrow191

24 Jun '14 5:26 pm
Nice pumpkin =D>
tha'ts organic farming...

AnthonyParker86
Melbourne, VIC

16 Jun '16 10:49 pm
I am a big fan of organic gardening and I try to avoid using pesticides as much as possible in my work. Of course, there are always a few situations where dealing with the problem in an organic matter is impossible. For instance, not long ago we had a very severe fire blight on apple trees, and curing all that without using chemicals was practically impossible. But where it's possible, I try to replace the chemical remedies with some tricks I've learned with time. Like for instance dealing with weeds and some pests in organic ways. For instance, I use beer to get rid of slugs. Strange, but it works.

Return to Organic Gardening