Fluffy Grey

riobrazos2
Grandview, Texas

Fluffy Grey

21 Mar '12 7:44 am
You know, Lady Moosey, I appreciate this, but it also makes me feel guilty. Afterall, this is more gnomes, more horse poos, more trips to get horse poos, and sushi!!

And Kerole, thank you, too, so much. And you are right, saving them, if at all a possibility, is a passion. I just have known so many of these fantastic felines over the years, that it is hard to ignore them in need.

Fluffy Grey has not made himself evident since the first three days he was here. It's a nervous wait to have him re-appear. We had truly heavy thunderstorms last night, and I really expected to see him this morning. No such luck.

It reminds me of Tiger Moon. He was a Norwegian Forest Cat that was dumped as a young fellow several years ago. He came by his name easily, as he was predominately white with a few tabby spots. On his left shoulder was a perfectly round moon. Tiger Moon! He came to eat every evening, and then would adjourn to the picnic table to wash up. I would talk and talk and talk to him, but he would not let me approach beyond a certain distance. He took great pride, it seemed to me, in little kitten Samwise. I watched as he taught Samwise how to hunt and generally must have passed on other good kitty education and advice, my skills not great enough to perceive. Then, one morning, he was waiting for ME as I came out the door to feed. And talk. My goodness, he poured forth with a loving, verbal dissertation! This went on for a couple of months, with hubband even impressed at the conversations Tiger Moon would have with him. Still no petting, or picking him up. He stayed near the house, no more leaving. Then, one morning he was definitely not well and let me scoop him up. Raced to vet, only to learn he was very, very sick and had FIV. There was nothing we could do. My heart shed off several more dying pieces as I looked into those loving eyes and that beautiful face and knew I would have to have him put to sleep. Tiger Moon. I still miss you.

I do want to thank you both again. It means so very much that you would offer. Mil gracias means a thousand thanks in Spanish.

mil gracias,
b.

Kerole
A Gardener of Disrepair
Taupaki, New Zealand

Re: Fluffy Grey

21 Mar '12 12:48 pm
The offer is a sincere one B. Fluffy Grey deserves to be loved as much as the next cat [glancing accusingly at Hector as he indolently cleans his whiskers after yet another gorging session at the Cat Cafe].

Tiger Moon is a beautiful name. I may even have to name a horse that one day...

riobrazos2
Grandview, Texas

4 Apr '12 3:50 pm
Ahhha, Kerole. That you like Tiger Moon enough to even think of naming a horse that is quite special. Have to say that you having the time for you to even think of such is just as wonderful. . . .
Last edited by riobrazos2 on 4 Apr '12 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

riobrazos2
Grandview, Texas

4 Apr '12 4:50 pm
Fluffy Grey is a character personified and driving me a tad bonkers. He has his very own male-self relished looking for the ladies, and the second time I saw him (about a week after we started posting about him) he already was limping to protect right front paw, scratched up nose and a small wound above and below left eye. Good grief! He will eat with me near by, but no overtures, thank you. He has gone after all of the kittens, and they are terrified of him. The way Chez and Leonardo act, I am sure he really shellacked them. The only barn cat to not take any of his guff is that venerable lady, Maddy Momma Cat. She dishes more back to him than he can withstand, so naturally, he avoids her! Unfortunately, he has managed to attack Samwise twice, the worst before I knew he was back and could intervene. Had to brush out goomies (sticky seeds, if I murmur about brushing out goomie gooms, catkin is more amenable to let me finish the job) what seemed like forever and treated three places with antibiotic salve. Fluffy Grey, after two more times of coming up to the barn, let me stroke his tail whilst he walked by. He is very intelligent, because the second time he was here, I would follow and give a quiet "No." and cut between him as he postured with head and neck at one of the kitties. He learned quickly learned, and then started complaining and posturing towards me! When I laughed, he would give up in frustration. Wouldn't even try another tack after a few times of this! So. He is gone for great, nerve-wracking lengths of time before showing up again. Haven't seen him for a bit over a week now. When and if this works out, will have to have him tested for FeLV/FIV, as for his being positive. . . .

About Samwise having to go to vet. Was because he couldn't keep anything down for 24hrs. This was before he and Fluffy Grey got into it. Harrowing 'cause hubband had car. Am now well and truly broke, as tests, etc. were muy mucho, bleh. But they couldn't find why he was upchucking, although nothing else was going on. Expensive, but great news! Half a tablet of Pepcid (Famotidine, 10 mg. tablet) twice a day for three days finally stopped him throwing up. Had known about the Pepcid previously and been giving him it before we made it to vet! Too bad it hadn't kicked in sooner!!

all the best,
b.

riobrazos2
Grandview, Texas

21 May '12 5:51 am
Haven't written about Fluffy Grey because he disappeared for quite a while after seriously hurting two of the kittens (right before their first birthday, can one still call them kittens?) First was my adored, gentle, gentle,gentle Chez. A large hole, the flesh just hooked completely out, above Chez's right eye, and slash marks on the side of his eye right up to the eyeball. Fortunately, his eye was all right. I put antibiotic ointmentin the hole twice a day and managed to heal it. Was angry about this, but downright mad when FG attacked poor baby Holstun. Holstun was the runt of his litter, when a wee kit, have watched him be stopped cold by running into a stemmy weed! Singled him out for more food and love and he was doing great until this huge abscess opened up on his left side. It was the biggest abscess I've ever treated, 2.5 inches across and almost 1.25 inches deep! He was a tad harder to treat, as I had to trim away all of the fur that could touch the wound. Mr. Wiggles was he, as he didn't like that process! Kept up the twice per day antibiotic ointment (Neosporin), and just when I thought I should go to vet, it started to respond. So. Fluffy Grey has made himself cat non-grata. He will not even look at the trap, let alone go in. If I bait it with something really enticing, I catch one of me own catkins. . . . He has been run off from other places, so he will not let me touch him anymore. Dilemma!

moosey
head gardener

21 May '12 9:47 am
Bonny, Thanks so much for writing. And as to those cat antics - your poor kittens! Sounds like you know what to do, eek! makes you want to have a mild cat-tazer, or pepper spray, or something benign but nasty (???????) to chase the grey fluffy away. Now we all know what to get you for your birthday - a carton of Neosporon!

The dodgy thing here is that young Minimus does not like the new kitten. Luckily Minimus doesn't come inside the house all that much. I open the cottage for her and put the electic blanket on the bed when it gets dark (it's nearly winter), to 'entice' her away. Twice she's bailed Little Mac up in the house, and the kitten then poos herself with fright, which is really sad. We wash her down (which she hates). We hope that when Little Mac gets a bit bigger and stronger her instant physical reaction will pass.

I have asked Non-Gardening Partner that the next kitten I rescue could it please be a boy! Now we only have two boys left - both ginger, and they are so completely benign, like big furry uncles. Boys, please, boys!

Bonny there are some silly people out there, though. One of the city councils up north is looking at a bylaw making people keep their cats inside at night. Remember we don't have the nasty predators that you have, nor are cats a huge problem with native birds (some would argue that). The council's reason? To stop the cats mating. Have to laugh - the council must be run by blokes. Just in the nightime, eh boys?

Lots of love, and it's been great to hear from you. Keep happy!
Cheers, M
Head Gardener
mooseyscountrygarden.com
http://www.mooseyscountrygarden.com

riobrazos2
Grandview, Texas

21 May '12 8:04 pm
fini

blackrose

11 Oct '13 12:49 am
Fluffy Grey deserves to be loved as much as the next cat [glancing accusingly at Hector as he indolently cleans his whiskers after yet another gorging session at the Cat Cafe].
Guaranteed pass4sure security+ exam preparation with self paced HP study guide and practice test. Also get free demos of wikipedia test. good luck

MacFlax
Canberra, Australia

13 Oct '13 8:15 pm
blackrose, you have bumped up an old thread with a copy and paste from someone else's post dated 12 March 12. Go away and take your kitchens or whatever you are hiding in your pockets with you! :evil:

(But I did appreciate the opportunity to reread the rest of the thread.)

Return to Cats and Dogs in the Garden