Liza
gardening consultant
Waterloo, Belgium

Funny Jeany, Old Lady Cat, On My Bed!

28 Sep '07 3:18 am
This series of 5 Jeany photos, are taken about 45 minutes ago! I could not help sharing them with you , cause I think she is SO VERY funny, with her tummy + hands up, right leg comfortably stretched on my reading pillow!!

This is what happened : I was reading something lying on my bed, she, stretched and stuck on my right side, tummy up. Me, rubbing tenderly her soft tummy, she, calmly sleeping and purring...

Then the telephone rings, and I have to go to answer it. She still sleeps , but I find the spectacle SO funny, with the one leg stretched ....on my reading pillow, tummy up! I start taking photos, while she wakes up lazily ....
Funny Jeany, Old Lady Cat  on.. my Bed! ZZZZzzzzzz! (1).jpg
Funny Jeany, Lady Cat on  my Bed! ZZZzzzz!!! (2).jpg
Funny Jeany, Old Lady Cat on  my bed! Hi, love!What are you up to... (3).jpg
Funny Jeany, Old Lady Cat on   my Bed! Let me alone, just a  bit more..(4).jpg
Funny Jeany, Old Lady Cat on  my Bed! Love you a lot,  you  know.!!. (5).jpg
"..So,perhaps, it is easiest, through awareness of flowers in particular, of their radiant beauty and purity, their vibrant colour, to come to the excellence of the One and be uplifted beyond thought to our divine selves".Dorothy Maclean

Faith S
Perpetually learning gardener
Alabama, USA

Funny old lady cat

28 Sep '07 2:11 pm
Yes, Jeany is indeed adorable enjoying her little snooze on her master's bed.
Faith at Bide-a-Wee Farm, Alabama, USA

Come abide with me a wee while.

GardenGnome
Happily Toiling Away
Regina, Saskatchewan

So Sweet

28 Sep '07 7:22 pm
Touched my heart deeply.

Christopher
A Gnome's at home in his garden.

pumpkin
compost executive
Dairy Flat, New Zealand

29 Sep '07 9:22 am
It makes me giggle when I hear the description 'master' being used when referring to the human/feline relationship...I mean, look again at that Jeany, all snoozed out in the comfyest, snugglyest place in the house and then ask yourself... who is really the master! :wink:

*loves and pats to Jeany*

GardenGnome
Happily Toiling Away
Regina, Saskatchewan

More Cats

29 Sep '07 12:21 pm
I'm inspired to post our little girl.

Weebles the wonder kitty.

Out in the greenhouse.

Christopher
where is Weebles.jpg
Weebles wanderin'.jpg
surprise attack.jpg
peekin' Weebles.jpg
Weebles in greenhouse 1.jpg
Weebles in greenhouse 2.jpg
A Gnome's at home in his garden.

Dixie
garden enthusiast
Waikato-New Zealand

fun thread

29 Sep '07 6:49 pm
What a fun thread.
Such relaxed kitties.I enjoyed Weebles'surprise attack.Was the first photo with the statue posed like that or did it just happen?
Dixie.

Liza
gardening consultant
Waterloo, Belgium

Adorably ZZZZzzzz-ing!....

29 Sep '07 10:42 pm
Hi, Dixie and Faith! Pumkin and Chris !!-- where have you been, miissing you! It is SO sweet you also find so cute these catty moments!!..Chris, your ....Snowhite beauty is SO adorable! Thank you for sharing, dear friend!

Pumkin, a friend of mine , seeing these latest Jeany photos , told me humorously, ""Aaah!! The cats rule the beds!". But I was NOT like this with my cats+my bed in the past! Only my Tsika was allowed to do that, since she never wanted to socialize with the rest feline members; even more , the upstairs house-space was her own....juristiction, with her own toilette and resto corner, her bed placed by mine..The rest of the cat-children used to have their beds and resto corners downstairs, plus , that they also loved going often out into the garden -- while Tsika almost never did, especially during Winter time...But, like Jack somewhere said, I have become "very soft with age", not only with my cat-child, old Jeany, but also with my human children...

Now , have some more fun, with some more cat-sleeping-beauties!! Irresistibly..adorable! (And if you wish to see one more of the most adorable cat-sleeping photos you have ever seen, just visit the Moosey Journal- September week 3 ,18th September -- front webpage)
Adorably ZZZzzzzz-ing!.jpg
Adorably ZZZzzzzz-ing! (1).jpg
Adorably ZZZzzzzz-ing! (2).jpg
Adorably ZZZzzzzz-ing! (3).jpg
Adorably ZZZzzzzz-ing! (4).jpg
Adorably ZZZzzzzz-ing! (5).jpg
Adorably ZZZzzzzz-ing! (6).jpg
"..So,perhaps, it is easiest, through awareness of flowers in particular, of their radiant beauty and purity, their vibrant colour, to come to the excellence of the One and be uplifted beyond thought to our divine selves".Dorothy Maclean

Faith S
Perpetually learning gardener
Alabama, USA

Cats and dogs

30 Sep '07 1:35 am
So many cute photos, I can't choose my favorite. Chris, your series of Weebles is great and the many sleeping beauties Liza posted are also. As for animals taking over their owner's beds, I know all the rules say this should never be allowed; however, what animal lover has never lost the resolve when confronted with such loving animals. My cat Emmy and my dog Willie want to be wherever I am. My husband often laughs and asks if I would like him to sit on my lap as well, so I will have the whole gang together. At the moment Willie is sleeping by my side as I sit at my desk. When I move somewhere else, he will follow along. And when I got to bed this evening, he will expect to be allowed to sleep on the foot of my bed even though he as a very nice bed of his own nearby. We just have to accept that sometimes there are more important things than proper rules of behavior for our animal companions.
Faith at Bide-a-Wee Farm, Alabama, USA

Come abide with me a wee while.

Bambi
Slowly Learning Gardener
Kent, England

2 Oct '07 12:03 am
Oh Liza and Christopher, I just adored your series of photos! It just goes to show that, no matter how venerable a cat is, they never really lose that kittenish behaviour completely! My hubby's always saying that our two should have grown out of it by now (they're just over 2 years old), but I think it's wonderful that they haven't.

And with regards to cats sleeping on beds, we're really bad about it. Last night, I had Wooster sleeping between my feet and Jeeves between my knees and, if I wanted to shift position, I had to be really careful not to disturb them!! Isn't it silly! :lol:
"If you'd have a mind at peace
A heart that cannot harden
Go find a door that opens wide
Upon a beautiful garden."
Author Unknown

Return to Cats and Dogs in the Garden