Liza
gardening consultant
Waterloo, Belgium

Some Easter Cats and Dogs, and Jeany the Lady Cat.

23 Apr '07 9:56 am
Last Easter in Athens , animals were all around me as always...People walking their happy dogs, some lovely strays here and there.. Restaurant cats, and ...that adorable cat outside the Parthenon ; she was taken care by the guards, so sociable and friendly!

As for my Jeany lady cat, of 21 years old, she has become so attached to me since her daughter died.. She is happy and healthy, and very sociable . She loves our looking at each other's eyes like being in love, giving me kisses on my arms when being in.... my arms, our deep catty dialogues, sleeping near my head or on my back when I try to sleep -- purring loudly, and tenderly miawing to me ,oh, dear...
Lady Jeany cat.JPG
Lady Jeany cat (1).JPG
Lady Jeany cat (2).JPG
Lovely walking dog.JPG
Playful and happy stray dog.JPG
Restaurant cat.JPG
Restaurant cat (1).JPG
The Parthenon lovely, happy cat!.JPG
The Parthenon lovely, happy cat! (1).JPG
Walking happy dog.JPG
Walking happy dog (1).JPG
"..So,perhaps, it is easiest, through awareness of flowers in particular, of their radiant beauty and purity, their vibrant colour, to come to the excellence of the One and be uplifted beyond thought to our divine selves".Dorothy Maclean

teejay8
honoured member

your photos

23 Apr '07 10:51 am
How wonderful to see Lady Jenny and what a long life she has lived, I do hope our two beautiful Burmese can be with us for all those years.
Bijou and Santiago are half brother and sister to each other, Bijou, the female lilac is the absolute boos and always leads the way on their expeditions outside.
They are extremely nosey and must be involved in anything we are doing inside and outside the house and check out very carefully every new item of furniture etc., that we bring home.
They both sleep in bed with us every night and like yours they do delight on settling down on my back, only one at a time thank goodness.
May your lady Jenny continue to enjoy life and give you more kisses for many a long day to come.
cats 026.jpg
tess

Mark
Home gardener & plant fetishist
Berkeley, California, USA

That is a good long life for a cat.

23 Apr '07 4:07 pm
She looks like she is still going strong too Liza, and so passionate at her age. I envy all of you who have cats (and even more those who have both). Because Lia weaves she is concerned not to get the threads clawed. I definitely like them and we could sure use a good mouser. Between all the wildlife along the creek and all the gaps in this old building it is a never ending battle.

When I was in high school my family (parents and 6 children) drove from Washington DC on the east coast to San Francisco on the west coast, some 3000 miles, in a camper along with our cat Cindy and our Dog Thor. Every time we stopped Cindy would go off hunting and every morning she was there ready to go. She and the dog got along great and would curl up together for hours on the road.

Nice to get to see and hear about yours!
Mark in California

Q: "Do you ever sit down?"
A: "All the time until the urge to 'play' some more becomes too strong."

Liza
gardening consultant
Waterloo, Belgium

Beloved animal companions...

23 Apr '07 7:09 pm
Dear Mark, and Teejay, I understand you in the way you feel towards the Feline family! Teejay , your kitties are lovely! I love your avatar!

Concerning my Jeany cat, she is the 6th cat still alive, among the 6 that moved here with us from Greece, 13 years ago!! I had found her as a tiny motherless kitten, no more than a week-10days old, being used as a ...tennis ball by two savage teenagers..If you wish to learn more about my beloved cat companions, you can go here , to my "Animal Soul Mates" post :

http://forums.mooseyscountrygarden.com/garden1063.html
"..So,perhaps, it is easiest, through awareness of flowers in particular, of their radiant beauty and purity, their vibrant colour, to come to the excellence of the One and be uplifted beyond thought to our divine selves".Dorothy Maclean

Dixie
garden enthusiast
Waikato-New Zealand

Photos of animals friends

24 Apr '07 5:59 am
What a lovely lot of photos .
I especially love the photo of the Parthenon cat - casually strolling along HER parthenon while most of us wish we could just visit for ourselves !
The restaurant cat is so beautiful -I have had two cats of that marking and they have been so special to me .
Dixie.

Faith S
Perpetually learning gardener
Alabama, USA

How did I miss this?

28 Apr '07 2:37 am
Dear Liza, how did I miss your post about Jeany and all the other animals you are drawn to wherever you go. Jeany is so sweet looking. I had a black part Siamese named Twinkles who lived to be 19 before we lost her. She was very talkative like most Siamese cats. I love the mental picture of you smooching with Jeany. I love my dog, but I have always been more of a cat person. We have had quite a few over the years and every time one of them gets old and dies I say no more. But then I will see an adorable kitten that I can't resist. Thanks for posting these pictures.
Faith at Bide-a-Wee Farm, Alabama, USA

Come abide with me a wee while.

Sxandy

Re: Some Easter Cats and Dogs, and Jeany the Lady Cat.

27 Oct '14 7:43 pm
After I had posted the story above,I started to worry about the little bloke who had tipped himself on to his back in all the excitement, so I went back to the barn to see if he was all right.
The mother had returned and rolled all the straw she could find into a large ball,with herself and three of the babies inside it.However the little bloke had been left behind,so I carefully rolled him the right way up again and covered him,and hoped he would get back together with his family tonight.
dixie.
Scarlett

MacFlax
Canberra, Australia

Revisiting Some Beautiful Old Photos (thanks to a spammer)

28 Oct '14 2:36 pm
Sxandy wrote:After I had posted the story above,I started to worry about the little bloke who had tipped himself on to his back in all the excitement, so I went back to the barn to see if he was all right.
The mother had returned and rolled all the straw she could find into a large ball,with herself and three of the babies inside it.However the little bloke had been left behind,so I carefully rolled him the right way up again and covered him,and hoped he would get back together with his family tonight.
dixie.

Sxandy, this is your first post so what story are you referring to? Ah, I see, your first contribution to our lovely forum is a copy and paste from here viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1525 [-X Whatever you are selling, go away. :evil:

Anyway, it was lovely to see the beautiful photos on this old thread. :)

moosey
head gardener

Re: Some Easter Cats and Dogs, and Jeany the Lady Cat.

28 Oct '14 6:35 pm
Dear MacFlax, I just don't understand anybody who bugs forums. Aren't there better thing to do online like - play games? But I agree with you - lovely to revisit these older photographs. Cheers to you, M
Head Gardener
mooseyscountrygarden.com
http://www.mooseyscountrygarden.com

Return to Cats and Dogs in the Garden