MacFlax
Canberra, Australia

Country Gardens

13 Nov '12 2:31 am
There have been quite a few country gardens open this spring, either as part of the Open Garden scheme or as local fundraisers. I thought I'd share some pics.

mcg1.jpg
mcg2.jpg
mcg3.jpg

mcg4.jpg
mcg5.jpg
mcg6.jpg

mcg7.jpg
mcg8.jpg
mcg9.jpg

mcg10.jpg
mcg11.jpg
mcg12.jpg

mcg13.jpg
mcg14.jpg
mcg15.jpg

Kerole
A Gardener of Disrepair
Taupaki, New Zealand

Re: Country Gardens

13 Nov '12 8:24 am
Gosh that's quite a range of garden art! Love the crazy drum horse. Did the gardens inspire you MacFlax?

MacFlax
Canberra, Australia

18 Nov '12 3:18 am
It was very inspiring, if only I had the space! I was able to find out the names of a few plants to add to my wish list. I saw some great garden seats but nothing quite right for our garden, and I've now actually planted a tree in what was going to be my little sitting area up in the top corner. :lol:

Here's a few more pics.

mcg16.jpg
mcg17.jpg
mcg18.jpg

mcg19.jpg
mcg20.jpg
mcg21.jpg

mcg22.jpg
mcg23.jpg
mcg24.jpg

moosey
head gardener

18 Nov '12 1:33 pm
You've seen some lovely things in those gardens, MacFlax. And I see some backyard cricketers, like I've got. So they are playing in Australia as well as New Zealand, hee hee...

I like that drum horse too. He looks a bit shy... Cheers, M
Head Gardener
mooseyscountrygarden.com
http://www.mooseyscountrygarden.com

MacFlax
Canberra, Australia

18 Nov '12 2:49 pm
I came round the corner onto the lawn and saw the cricketers and got all excited, I shouted "hey, just like Moosey!"

One of the rural properties is also an iris nursery, so here's some more photos (I just found out the limit for a post is twenty).

i1.jpg
i2.jpg
i3.jpg
i4.jpg
i5.jpg
i6.jpg
i7.jpg
i8.jpg
i9.jpg
i10.jpg
i11.jpg
i12.jpg
i13.jpg
i14.jpg
i15.jpg
i16.jpg
i17.jpg
i8.jpg
i9.jpg
i20.jpg

moosey
head gardener

21 Nov '12 8:15 am
Iris gardens are amazing in season, aren't they? I'm always impressed by the single-mindedness of these places, though. They really have a short time when they're absolutely wonderfully beautiful. And with a bit of rain, and then some wind - well, mine all fall over. I don't think an iris nursery's plants would be much different, would they? It's THE November definitive flower for me here, that's for sure.

I heard a rumour that those cricketers were first created for a promotion for some spirit alcohol drink, back in the 80s, that must have been a sponsor for a cricket series in Australia. I'd love to know if that's the case!
Cheers, M
Head Gardener
mooseyscountrygarden.com
http://www.mooseyscountrygarden.com

Kerole
A Gardener of Disrepair
Taupaki, New Zealand

23 Nov '12 7:04 am
Oooh more lovely pics thanks! I adore the simple plank bridge and the steps disappearing down through a flowery garden. But the thing that really caught my eye was the 4 (FOUR) peg baskets on the clothes line. Firstly - who would leave the peg basket out on an open garden day? Secondly - why hadn't I thought of using more than one? It makes so much more sense than my current arrangement of an old tin nailed to the laundry table under the clothes line. The poor table is using the clothes line pole to stay upright, I fear it's legs are slowly giving out due to age and lack of care. That goes for my legs too.

And then there is a whole page of gorgeous irises! Wow! Love irises, they are fast becoming my next garden fetish, so to speak. I have 5 black irises, all slightly different, that have yet to flower - can't wait. And I have some pure white ones too. Now I am on the look out for some yellow and rusty ones.

Thanks MacFlax for the post!

MacFlax
Canberra, Australia

24 Nov '12 5:10 pm
Heehee, I noticed the carefully arranged peg baskets too.
I tried googling those cricketeers but didn't find anything.

Well, here's another country garden, with its own historic old slab hut which I thought was rather lovely.

ogc5.jpg
ogc7.jpg
ogc6.jpg
ogc9.jpg
ogc4.jpg
ogc3.jpg
ogc8.jpg
ogc2.jpg
ogc1.jpg

Kerole
A Gardener of Disrepair
Taupaki, New Zealand

25 Nov '12 7:40 am
Another lovely garden thanks. Everything is looking very fresh and green in your neck of the woods. It all looks very tranquil.

MacFlax
Canberra, Australia

26 Nov '12 12:45 am
One more, in this country garden we even saw a visitor, an echidna!

w4.jpg
w1.jpg

w2.jpg
w5.jpg

w3.jpg

Next

Return to Garden Tours