WEEDS OR FLOWERS?

norvona
valued contributor
Oklahoma, USA

WEEDS OR FLOWERS?

26 Jul '06 5:02 am
This time I really will ask a question about a plant...sorry, I got carried away responding to "B"'s post and forgot. :oops:

Since I don't have any gardens, I take pictures of any 'blooms' I find on my walks around our "Thirteen Acre Woods." (I have yet to find Rabbit's house or Pooh Corner however.) :D

This is a photo (well two photos) of one of my favorites. Does anyone know what it is?

Unfortunately it was mowed down, but I know the roots are still there and I plan to dig them up and make a houseplant of it...

I'm sending the b/w photo because I like it and the one in color for ID purposes.

Thanks for any help.
IMG_0394G.jpg
I like the b/w effect because it shows such dramatic shadows and light. Okay, Okay, I confess. I didn't know I had my camera set on b/w when I took it.
GGG.jpg
This is rather close up, but I can send another that shows more of the plant, if needed.
May I leave life as I began...filled with wonder, expectations...and...kicking and screaming.

jhbrooks
contributor
Phoenix, Arizona

Re: WEEDS OR FLOWERS?

9 Dec '10 6:09 pm
This looks like Asclepias asperula, a member of the milkweed family. It's definitely one of the more intriguing wildflowers. And very beautiful.

Return to Unidentified Flowering Objects