thanks![list=][/list]
Img_0850b.jpg
Img_0851b.jpg

Dixie
garden enthusiast
Waikato-New Zealand

Viney tree

5 Jul '06 9:53 am
It`s a Wisteria,Janice .I adore them .By your photo it seems as though it has been planted to form an archway that you walk under ,which is a lovely idea,In Spring it will have either soft lavender blue , or white flowers which will hang down in delicious clusters.In Summer it will provide a shady place ,with lovely foliage .By the way ,the stems always twine clockwise .(Aren`t I clever to know that ! ! ! )
Dixie.

pumpkin
compost executive
Dairy Flat, New Zealand

5 Jul '06 10:34 am
ahhh...clever dixie :D

But, do they go clockwise in both hemispheres? :? :D

Janice
helper

5 Jul '06 12:14 pm
wonderful! thank you so much

Dixie
garden enthusiast
Waikato-New Zealand

clockwise twining

5 Jul '06 2:41 pm
Aha ,Pumpkin Ahaaah ! Perhaps I`m not That clever - I don`t know about Northern Hemisphere twining directions - though I do recall hearing about bath water going down plugholes in a twining manner - different directions according to in which hemisphere one is taking a bath...
Dixie...

pumpkin
compost executive
Dairy Flat, New Zealand

5 Jul '06 3:53 pm
hehe... The plughole! :D My thoughts exactly! Wonder if moosey noticed it when she was there :wink:

Dixie
garden enthusiast
Waikato-New Zealand

twining things

5 Jul '06 5:09 pm
Yes Please dear Moosey --it`s something we really really want to know ! What happened when you let the bath-water out in England ? Something like that happens in the Bean World (twining clockwise I mean ) I`ve always had this irresistible urge to make the beans twine the other way ,but fear they may sulk about it .
Dixie.

Bambi
Slowly Learning Gardener
Kent, England

Twisty turny things

6 Jul '06 4:25 am
Hi all,

Well, I live in the northern hemisphere (as you can probably guess!) and have it on good authority that pretty much most plants here grow in an anti-clockwise direction!! :shock: My mum has tried to tease things like sweet peas and beans around the other way but apparently they just won't go.

Not sure about the plughole thing, but it was on an episode of The Simpsons once, so I'm sure it's true!! :D
"If you'd have a mind at peace
A heart that cannot harden
Go find a door that opens wide
Upon a beautiful garden."
Author Unknown

Return to Unidentified Flowering Objects