purple blue flowered-plant

janbay
distinguished helper

another new oldie on the net not new to garden

7 Jan '06 11:32 pm
I realy do not know what i am doing with this site so i apoligize first as i am very new at computors but i had a plant come up in my new garden trucked in soil improver it had soft leaves similar shape to a zanadu but not texture come of one main stem then it had these brilliant purple blue orchid shaped flowersone on each end of the stem from base to top of plant it did not have seeds when it died there was nothing in the ground

Liza
gardening consultant
Waterloo, Belgium

"Zanadu" ??

8 Jan '06 12:50 am
Dear gardener friend,

The plant you are describing seems so beautiful, really! Do you think you could probably learn its botanical name? Because I am of Mediterranean origin and of European gardening knowledge only. "Zanadu" is probably a native plant of your country?? I would so much love to learn more things about the beautiful plant you describe...and of you! Where do you live? Where you live right now is your country of origin as well?

Hope to "see" you soon!
"..So,perhaps, it is easiest, through awareness of flowers in particular, of their radiant beauty and purity, their vibrant colour, to come to the excellence of the One and be uplifted beyond thought to our divine selves".Dorothy Maclean

moosey
head gardener

8 Jan '06 8:37 am
Dear garden oldie, new to the net,
Did your funny plant thing look like a fat extremely dull in pigment asparagus spear? But obviously not to be eaten! Cos I get funny things that look like that, they seem to have no green in them at all, and they appear from nowhere.
Like Liza I wonder - what's Zanadu?
Cheers, and welcome to 2006 which has to be going to be the best gardening year ever!!!!!
Head Gardener
mooseyscountrygarden.com
http://www.mooseyscountrygarden.com

janbay
distinguished helper

Re: another new oldie on the net not new to garden

8 Jan '06 9:58 pm
[hi there my proper name is jan i live in s.e.queensland the "Zanadu "is the common name of an indoor philodendrom a little like panda only the general shape of the leaves ,not size nor texture. the whole plant was cone shaped the leaves at the base then the flowers about5cm extremelike little orchids but not. the cone shape went from top about7cm to about 30-40 cm circumferance the photo i took was normal camera as idid not have digital then i have taken some shots of the side yard and pergola it,s all only 3years old

janbay
distinguished helper

8 Jan '06 10:03 pm
i dddid,nt know whether to delete or not if it,s wrong sorry :oops: yes i was born in australia

janbay
distinguished helper

Re: "Zanadu" ??

8 Jan '06 10:05 pm
Liza wrote:Dear gardener friend,

The plant you are describing seems so beautiful, really! Do you think you could probably learn its botanical name? Because I am of Mediterranean origin and of European gardening knowledge only. "Zanadu" is probably a native plant of your country?? I would so much love to learn more things about the beautiful plant you describe...and of you! Where do you live? Where you live right now is your country of origin as well?

Hope to "see" you soon!

sorry i,m haveing trouble trying to get any name,but it was realy lovely

janbay
distinguished helper

8 Jan '06 10:09 pm
n o it wasn,t it had nicwe green foliage , i might have to go back to the soil suppliers and see if they know what it could havebeen

janbay
distinguished helper

8 Jan '06 10:09 pm
n o it wasn,t it had nicwe green foliage , i might have to go back to the soil suppliers and see if they know what it could have been

janbay
distinguished helper

11 Jan '06 8:18 am
moosey wrote:Dear garden oldie, new to the net,
Did your funny plant thing look like a fat extremely dull in pigment asparagus spear? But obviously not to be eaten! Cos I get funny things that look like that, they seem to have no green in them at all, and they appear from nowhere.
Like Liza I wonder - what's Zanadu?
Cheers, and welcome to 2006 which has to be going to be the best gardening year ever!!!!![/quote
]
janbay Ithink i have found a relativeof it {it,s design is like DELPHINIUM ELATUM only the flowers are more open pointed petals and on my book photo the leaves look small and different shape but at least something base leaves on mine was large cluster may have been the soil improver it was in

Return to Unidentified Flowering Objects