drmanoj2
helper

kindly identify this beautiful flower

22 Aug '09 5:09 pm
Hello
I am from India.Recently on a trip to Rishikesh,Uttranchal,India i found this beautiful flower on the hillside .it looked like an orchid.can anyone identify this plant.
orcid.jpg

Mark
Home gardener & plant fetishist
Berkeley, California, USA

Always wanted to grow that.

23 Aug '09 3:42 pm
I think it is called a Gloriosa lilly. Officially it is called Gloriosa superba 'Rothschildiana'. In the U.S. it is only recommened in San Diego and Hawaii. In Berkeley, California I've never seen it for sale .. or I would've given it a try. Thanks for the photo.
Mark in California

Q: "Do you ever sit down?"
A: "All the time until the urge to 'play' some more becomes too strong."

malik123

Re: kindly identify this beautiful flower

2 Nov '13 12:51 am
I think it is called a Gloriosa lilly. Officially it is called Gloriosa superba 'Rothschildiana'. In the U.S. it is only recommened in San Diego and Hawaii. In Berkeley, California I've never seen it for sale .. or I would've given it a try. Thanks for the photo.
We offer best quality Pass4sure 350-029 test papers and wikipedia materials. You can get our 100% guaranteed Washington University in St. Louis questions & Isilon to help you in passing the real exam of server+ training.

MacFlax
Canberra, Australia

Weeding required

2 Nov '13 2:05 pm
malik123 wrote:I think it is called a Gloriosa lilly. Officially it is called Gloriosa superba 'Rothschildiana'. In the U.S. it is only recommened in San Diego and Hawaii. In Berkeley, California I've never seen it for sale .. or I would've given it a try. Thanks for the photo.

You have copied and pasted the reply above you. How stupid do you think we are? Go away! :twisted:

moosey
head gardener

Re: kindly identify this beautiful flower

13 Nov '13 11:56 am
Keep it simple stupid? Oh dear. A compulsive cut'n'paster?
Head Gardener
mooseyscountrygarden.com
http://www.mooseyscountrygarden.com

Return to Unidentified Flowering Objects