Wendylou
valued member
Port Harcourt Nigeria

Alien Black flower

1 Apr '08 1:30 am
Well thank you! :D
My garden is in West Africa so actually lots of Nigerian friut bats living in the tree above my bedroom, they drop fruit stones on my roof every dawn and dusk and then fly out to find more fruit.
:)

Thank you for every body’s help and comments, I’m really not a very good gardener I do so much better with my pots, fortunate for me since me and most of my pot plants will be relocating to Ghana pretty soon. Attached is another favorit pot!

WendyLou
hugespikeyleaves.JPG

jack two
The new improved Jack Holloway v.2

Hi Wendylou!

9 Apr '08 10:23 pm
Whoops! Only just opened this thread. Well done to Faerisweet for the ID! I would have been hopeless at it - I don't know the tropical plants at all, and with a minimum of 13 degrees Celsius it would be set back outdoors almost everywhere in South Africa during the winter. I've definitely never seen anything like it. It is fascinating! Perhaps Jacqueline knows it?

Welcome, Wendylou! Fill us in on your obviously fascinating existence. My guess is that your are expats and in the mining industry. From where? SHARE!!

Wendylou
valued member
Port Harcourt Nigeria

Jack two thanks the welcome

10 Apr '08 5:57 am
Oh it’s not such a facinating life, I’m British and been living in Nigeria West Africa for most of my life.. so yes expat :D
But oil industry rather than mining. Things have got a little rough here in Nigeria recently so I’m giving up and relocating to Ghana shortly. Hopefully with most of my pots!

This is a great site!

Thank you for the welcome!

Do I put up a profile or something ?

jack two
The new improved Jack Holloway v.2

10 Apr '08 6:11 pm
At the bottom of the page when you are logged on click on PROFILE. This enables you to add and edit. Click on anybody else's name in the left column with the photo-avatar or yourself once you've added to your profile to see what is there.

We'll be watching...

I used to be Jack Holloway until I used up all my available 'space'. You'll find me on the older pages under that name, especially the Diary, where I have tended to four seasonal topics a year. I've been around now for two years.

chrizty
contributor

25 Apr '08 5:39 am
hi just wanted so say WOW!!! your bat plant is awsome! i tried to grow them by seed last year, n they didnt come up, i aint got the right zone, but your lucky you do,

Teen
contributor
Wiltshire, UK

27 May '08 8:52 am
I know it as the bat flower and you can get it in white and green as well as black.
Teen

Wendylou
valued member
Port Harcourt Nigeria

Bat flower

27 May '08 9:02 am
oh thank you for the info, now i will just HAVE to find the other colours!
moving to Ghana shortly I noticed lots of beautiful plants there maybe i'll get lucky :D

Teen
contributor
Wiltshire, UK

27 May '08 9:09 am
I saw them on eBay in the UK if that helps. :D
Teen

Wendylou
valued member
Port Harcourt Nigeria

bat flower

27 May '08 9:13 am
Wonderful! I shall check that out ASAP thank you :D

youareonline
valued member

27 Aug '08 6:49 pm
Purple flowers, good big flower, also a long beard like the same things, very good, very strange, but I do not know what is. :cry:

PreviousNext

Return to Unidentified Flowering Objects