Snapdragons

JuliaR
valued member
Eastern Pennsylvania

Snapdragons

5 May '07 7:54 am
Faith, I go through this every year, and I wish I had been paying attention - every year a few rogue snapdragons pop up in unexpected places, re-seeded from the prior season. And EVERY single time I say, oh my what could that be...until it blooms.

It's kind of like seeing a familiar person out of their element, like the girl who works at the deli seen without her hair-net and white coat when you run into her at the drugstore; or the mechanic that works on your car when you see him at the Home Depot sans grease and backward-facing baseball hat!

You'd think by now I'd recognize a snapdragon in its early life!

moosey
head gardener

Not a snapdragon, but...

5 May '07 8:00 am
Concerning things that keep turning up in the garden - I've decided never ever to try and identify by name any new weeds which appear in my garden - just in case this gives them magical powers!
Head Gardener
mooseyscountrygarden.com
http://www.mooseyscountrygarden.com

Dixie
garden enthusiast
Waikato-New Zealand

names

5 May '07 9:30 pm
Dear Moosey ,your logic escapes me this time.
Dixie.

Faith S
Perpetually learning gardener
Alabama, USA

Snapdragons and magical weeds.

8 May '07 11:33 am
Well, this one gave me quite a chuckle. I agree with Julia that you would think I could recognize a snapdragon; but since I never planted any in this bed it had me quite stumped. As for weeds with magical powers - I thought they all had those already. Haven't you ever noticed how they can make themselves invisable until they have grown to giant proportions?
Faith at Bide-a-Wee Farm, Alabama, USA

Come abide with me a wee while.

JuliaR
valued member
Eastern Pennsylvania

Magical weeds

9 May '07 2:04 am
My magical weed is sheep's-foot sorrel...very tasty in salads, but it has a chameleon-like ability to disguise itself in other plants. Plus it has underground runners; if I pull one end I end up following it for a yard or so, then the runner breaks and all its gremlin offspring pop up at the other end. I can hear them giggling at me.

Faith S
Alabama, USA

Magical weeds

9 May '07 4:05 am
I really like you Julia. The idea of giggling sorrell made me chuckle.

JuliaR
valued member
Eastern Pennsylvania

Giggling sorrel

9 May '07 5:26 am
What's worse is I think the pig-weed winked at me!

Faith S
Alabama, USA

9 May '07 3:03 pm
Stop it! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to Unidentified Flowering Objects