June's Garden

fenwillow
Fraser Valley, BC, Canada

Re: June's Garden

4 Jun '15 11:57 am
Thanks everyone. I should probably mention that there are actually two 'tuxedo' cats. Mom cat is in most of the pics - I think. His royal highness is the one who rides in the wheelbarrow, in style. She's pure black and white, and sleek. His black is almost tabby in the sun and he's long and lanky. That's madam on the porch.
FenWillow,
Fraser Valley, British Columbia
Canada

fenwillow

It's daylily season

26 Jun '15 5:50 am
Gordon got me thinking of lilies and I decided to take some pics to show mine off. There are a lot of them and I'm not posting pictures of them all...

There are also a few landscape shots.
daylily 1.jpg
daylily 2.jpg
daylily 3.jpg
daylily 4.jpg
daylily 5.jpg
daylily 6.jpg
daylily 7.jpg
daylily 8.jpg
daylily 9.jpg
daylily landscape 1.jpg
daylily landscape 2.jpg
daylily landscape 3.jpg
FenWillow,
Canada

moosey
head gardener

26 Jun '15 1:30 pm
How absolutely wonderful, June! They have such amazing colours and flower form, and in the middle of my green and brown gardening day they are a real treat to behold. Wow! Wish I could teleport myself - just for an afternoon!!!! Cheers, M
Head Gardener
mooseyscountrygarden.com
http://www.mooseyscountrygarden.com

MacFlax
Canberra, Australia

26 Jun '15 4:38 pm
I want to borrow Moosey's teleporter!
My daylilies didn't flower last summer, possibly something to do with too much rain/not enough drainage?

fenwillow

27 Jun '15 2:13 am
Mine have always bloomed every year... and they're in an area with fairly poor drainage. I do have the dreaded lily beetle on my land, so I have to take off all the diseased buds every year to try and control them. It's heart breaking to do it, but I get lots of the later blooms to enjoy. They like the sun though, so maybe that's what happened with yours... not enough sun or maybe they need to be divided? There are lots of good websites for daylily care so maybe you can figure out what happened to yours. Good luck for blooms next summer!
FenWillow,
Canada

moosey
head gardener

27 Jun '15 2:57 pm
Some summers here the daylilies are poor. I reckon our summers sometimes aren't quite hot enough at the right time. We can get quite a temperature drop in summer evenings, too. That's what doesn't help, I reckon! Reckon, reckon, reckon. Such a useful word! Cheers, M
Head Gardener
mooseyscountrygarden.com
http://www.mooseyscountrygarden.com

fenwillow

8 Jul '15 2:54 am
Smoky morning.jpg
Smoky morning 2 hours after sunrise... where is the sun?
Smoky weather... lots of fires burning and very hot. I have a few pictures, mostly with cloudy backgrounds. The temperatures should be dropping later in the week. I'm hoping for some relief for my poor long suffering rhodos. They're looking pretty sad. :(
Cat roll and pink crocs.jpg
Kitty and crocs...oops!
Blue clumping clematis.jpg
Clumping clematis and daylilies
Obedient Plant Physostegia virginiana.jpg
Obedient Plant - Physostegia virginiana
Orange lilies.jpg
Even plain old ditch lilies are beautiful!
FenWillow,
Canada

MacFlax
Canberra, Australia

8 Jul '15 6:37 pm
Lovely photos. Adorable kitty! :)
I hope the fires are out soon. :?

fenwillow

24 Jul '15 10:06 am
Our air quality here has returned to summer normal. There are still lots of fires burning, but they're further away.

I was admiring Moosey's blue checked jacket the other day and sent a her fb message about it. We call the checked jackets mack jackets here. Back in the day, the lumberjacks wore them, probably woolen ones. We still use the patterns but now for hoodies and winter jackets. That got me thinking about garden outfits... and I promised Moosey a picture of myself in one of my ridiculous ensembles. I use a mixture of hand-me-downs, thrift shop clothes and old sweatshirts and pants that still have some life left. I'm wondering what everyone else wears in their gardens. Just so you won't be embarrassed by any of your less than perfect outfits, I've included a my picture wearing an old T-shirt from around 2000, one of my exes very large shirts (we split up at least 20 years ago, so also old), a lovely pair of baggy, comfortable Gloria Vanderbilt jeans, bought for $3 at a local thrift store and an attractive (yep, that's sarcasm) pair of Crocs on my feet. Crocs are made out of a rubbery material and are shaped like Dutch clogs but are soft and comfortable. They come with air holes or not... I'm holding up a hot pink pair with air holes... not the height of fashion. I've confessed! How about everyone else.... what's it to be Fashion, Function or Folly??? I've also thrown in a couple of garden pics for good measure.

Looking forward to seeing everyone else's outfits too!
Fashion function or folly.jpg
Definitely Folly!
planters in the driveway with dahlias.jpg
Plant pots in the driveway and dahlias
window box.jpg
Window box
FenWillow,
Canada

fenwillow

5 Aug '15 11:38 am
Hello all... no takers on the garden outfits eh?

I have some new pics... the new planter finally came into full bloom and looks wonderful. It was worth the wait. I couldn't resist a couple of cat pics, Beauty and the Beast and a couple of floral shots. Hope you enjoy them.
Beauty and the zinnias.jpg
Beauty and the Cosmic Burst Cosmos
Beast and the brown eyed susans.jpg
Beast and rudbeckia
2015 planter in full bloom.jpg
Planter in full bloom
Huge cream dahlia.jpg
Dahlia bigger than my extended hand!
Rudbeckia Goldsturm.jpg
Rudbeckia in the front garden
FenWillow,