jack two
The new improved Jack Holloway v.2

Re: 2011 -A new decade at Sequoia Gardens

10 Apr '11 5:47 pm
I am so excited! There is a huge new project happening in the garden. I wrote extensively about it here:
http://sequoiagardens.wordpress.com/201 ... -universe/

moosey
head gardener

11 Apr '11 8:28 am
Oh boy! These are huge thoughts and ideas - how exciting! And so you are connecting the inner child within and the aging gardener without? That's very very apt, Jack. Thanks for showing and posting and go Fibonnaci, I say!

All the best for this new project. Cheers, M
Head Gardener
mooseyscountrygarden.com
http://www.mooseyscountrygarden.com

Kerole
A Gardener of Disrepair
Taupaki, New Zealand

11 Apr '11 8:47 am
Holy moly Jack. What a project! I love that you took us through the workings of your thoughts as we progressed to the endpoint. With a flourish, the final plan is revealed. And it is immense! A nature spiral interspersed with reflective water, and a mildly challenging series of log stepping stones to navigate. So cool!

8)

jack two

6 Dec '11 5:52 am
After months of dwindling time and dwindling internet (not all the fault of 3rd world infrastructure - partially also because I just did not get round to jumping on my soapbox because my laptop was not talking nicely to my internet provider...)...

I NOW HAVE BROADBAND!!!

We need it for the new business, so I took the plunge and had wireless internet installed at considerable expense. The national telephone line provider has officially admitted that they can no longer provide a service in our area due to cable theft... how third world is that! ;( ;)

Anyway, all the Holloways have been phoneless for 3 years, and I, after waiting 5 years for a line, cancelled mine within 18 months some 5 years ago, because it simply was too creaky to get internet to me. However the only tower for my mobile network - to which I have perfect line of site down the valley; I see the red lights on it when I go out at night to join my dogs for a pee - is set up to provide 100 000 people with voice and sms, and not 500 people with data; so the data, even on 5-bar reception, trickles in ever slower as more and more South Africans become the proud owners of mobile phones... That, ladies and gentlemen, is how telecoms work in South Africa... I still wouldn't exchange my lifestyle for anything!

On Friday my teaching career ended yet again. We are a week behind deadline in delivering our first magazine (which is about what I expected) and we have two or three days of intensive work left... and then away we go! Thereafter, I hope, i will be less incommunicado! ;)

Kerole
A Gardener of Disrepair
Taupaki, New Zealand

6 Dec '11 7:21 am
Welcome to broadband Jack! We have a Heath Robinson affair in order to have broadband, as we too are in an area that does not normally support it. Fortunately we have a good friend who is in the wireless business and loves nothing more than trying the latest gismos out on us. We are happy guinea pigs. The thought of dial-up makes me shudder.

No more teaching? Are you sure? I believe we've heard this before... :D

So looking forward to having more of your input dear Jack. Take care until then...

8)

moosey
head gardener

9 Dec '11 11:12 am
Don't worry Jack, The most famous people in the world (as well as teachers) retire more than once. All the very best for your new garden life, and have a groovy Christmas season. Sorry I haven't turned up yet to see you and your garden. Ah me - will that time ever come? Perhaps you could shift your seasons around just for a couple of months? Cheers, M
Head Gardener
mooseyscountrygarden.com
http://www.mooseyscountrygarden.com

jack two

9 Dec '11 7:09 pm
Thank you ladies! The pressure is now officially off, the magazine with the printers. I actually only got to my office at 8:15 this morning! I know what you mean about seasons Moosey, and how they restrict our southern hemisphere travelling... luckily one of the prime sights to see in South Africa, Namaqualand in flower, happens in late August-early September - the best time of the year not to be on Sequoia. Guess what we are planning for... 2013, if we're lucky!
namaqualand in flower.jpg
Semi-desert after the winter rains and before the summer heat - quick annuals and tough bulbs

PS: I found this draft when I opened my 'Moosey page' - apparently unpublished. And so let me end this rather slight string for 2011 by wishing all my friends at Moosey A WONDERFUL, PRODUCTIVE AND HAPPY 2012!! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

I love to Garden
valued member
Savannah, Georgia USA

29 Mar '12 11:16 pm
That picture just takes my breath away, and gives wings to my heart and imagination.
Thanks!
Dawn
May we live in the joy of all of God's gifts and endeavor to appreciate them.

Previous

Return to My Garden Diaries