Candids Place

candid
valued helper
Otane, Central Hawkes Bay, New Zealand

Re: Candids Place

12 Feb '12 11:24 am
Hi Garden Guru's
I have two hydrangeas that don't seem to like the position I chose for them, when would be the best time to transplant them? I am thinking of putting them in the part of the garden that gets early morning sun rather than in full sun where they are now....suggestions welcome.

gordonf
Happy Collector
Lillooet, BC, Canada

12 Feb '12 11:31 am
I would think that Fall or very early spring would be the best time to move hydrangeas; I suppose they could be moved in summer, but it would be touch and go and might require a lot more watering to keep them going until the cooler weather arrived. Good luck whichever time you choose!

candid
valued helper
Otane, Central Hawkes Bay, New Zealand

22 Apr '12 4:48 pm
Hi Garden Guru's
What a lovely few days of warm weather we are having here in Central Hawke Bay, N.Z. the garden is supposed to be slowing down to get ready for the onslaught of winter but I've just had a walky round the garden and to my surprise some plants are obviously not ready to hibernate as yet...Can you believe it, some ranunculus are cheeky enough to be in flower and several Iris are also joining in the fun. If the plants aren't confused I sure am. :?....

Kerole
A Gardener of Disrepair
Taupaki, New Zealand

22 Apr '12 6:56 pm
Hey Candid! Nice to hear from you again.

Yep, my autumn garden looks better than it did in summer. Roses look fab, and the perennials are flowering madly once again. Cannas, roses, coreopsis, cosmos etc - all looking gorgeous. Even my chocolate cosmos 'Coco Chanel' is still flowering.

Some pics would be nice!

gordonf
Happy Collector
Lillooet, BC, Canada

1 May '12 5:35 pm
Hey, Candid - If they're still blooming, how'd you like to post a pic of your ranunculus for me? I've never seen them growing in the ground (only in pots) and I'd like to get an idea of how they look in that situation. Enjoy the rest of Autumn while it lasts!

-gordonf

Kerole
A Gardener of Disrepair
Taupaki, New Zealand

2 May '12 11:57 am
Good idea Gordon - Ranunculas are on my list of things to try too!

Previous

Return to My Garden Diaries