Indoor gardening projects...

tea root

Indoor gardening projects...

4 May '09 3:43 pm
This evening, I finally set up the cute little salsa garden kit that was given to me last year by my brother and his wife. The kit contains a rectangular pot with tray, soil, cilantro and tomatillo seed, and a recipe sheet. I followed the instructions and now the container with the planted seed is sitting on the plastic stand here in my computer room with plastic over it to provide humidity. All the bulb plants have been removed from this little computer room garden, including the amaryllis which looks good in its new spot in the plant room. The other bulbs are in there, too, waiting for the right time to be planted into the ground outside. The computer room garden is totally herbal now since I've left the wild mint and rosemary on the stand along with the salsa container. And it's better that I didn't purchase cilantro seed this spring since it already came with the salsa kit. There's plenty of it and tomatillo seed left over. I'd like to add another pretty plant to the little garden in here, and I'm thinking something herbal with yellow flowers like Texas terragon. Of course, if I do, it may end up being temporary if it stops blooming or doesn't do well inside for a long period of time. Hmmm...how long would common sage do okay in here? That could be a pleasant addition to this little indoor garden.

I've finally potted up the Japanese iris seed that this lady had mailed to me. Each iris seed is in a plastic cup filled with soil and has been given water mixed in with vinegar. The cups are set nicely in one of the greenhouses and I partially closed the blinds to try and give the seedlings the right amount of sunlight. I like the light control that blinds provide and I recommend them for any plant room. The night blooming orchid start has also been removed from the computer room garden, by the way, and is now under a grow light in the plant room.

Today has been cool and grey and it's still been lightly raining. Looking out the back door hours ago while it was still daylight, I saw the iris bloom again- being kissed by raindrops.

moosey
head gardener

Tea Root's Journal

4 May '09 5:02 pm
Tea root, you are so so busy! You are an inspiration. Now I've talked to the webmaster and I can't properly shift all your posts into a journal. So here's what I'll do - I'll copy and paste them all, all those up to this one, and then what you have to do is to create a new topic called Tea Root's Journal - Part Two. Then do all your lovely writing and picture posting in that one topic. Just keep adding on to it.

Does this make sense? I'll be creating your Tea Root's Journal - Part One, but it will have my name and avatar on it. Sorry about that!

Anyway. do your very best! And keep on with all that gardening work. Do you ever stop? I think you're wonderful. Cheers, M
Head Gardener
mooseyscountrygarden.com
http://www.mooseyscountrygarden.com

moosey
head gardener

More Instructions...

4 May '09 5:52 pm
Me again! So each time you write in your own journal topic you just click the reply icon, and reply to yourself. Does that make better sense?

Well, I've done a collection, as promised. It's the best I can do, hope that it's OK. I've gathered up all the friend's posts, too, and popped your photographs in. But I'm so sorry that my rost pink rose and name are all over each page! Webmaster cannot remove them.

You are such a talented writer, now we can all get the flow of your style, and really follow your gardening days properly. Happy gardening, and writing lots and lots about it.

All the best, M
Head Gardener
mooseyscountrygarden.com
http://www.mooseyscountrygarden.com

Return to My Garden Diaries