GardenGnome
Happily Toiling Away
Regina, Saskatchewan

Garden Gnome's 2009 Garden Adventures

22 Mar '09 11:11 am
Well, hello me ol' darlin's. Image

Welcome to my new thread on my future garden adventures. I'm all fired up because I have been looking through my photos from last year. I haven't seen most of them since I took them and so it's a treat to see what I caught on film.... so to speak. So much has changed around here that the place just ain't the same as it was after the snow melted last year.

of course if you look at my thread from last year you will shortly see most of the improvements all laid out in pix and explanations. I and the crew are thinking up things that will add to what is already done. All that will come up here with time.

I feel a new presence in the yard these days. It's the Green Man. Who has come to make himself known to me. This is what he looks like.
I am carving his likeness to honer this ancient Celtic spirit so he might watch over our gardens and keep them safe from storms and coax the flowers to grow even better.

I am happy to say that we have seedlings today. Only planted the other day and they are already up. Image Mom has just left after spending a few hours seeding. I have some chores to do in order to keep things rolling along smoothly, but I thought I wold start this thread off as a sort of a rest while I have my tea.

So we are off on a new adventure. I hope you come along.

Christopher
black-eyed Susans.jpg
Just up today.
chrysanthemum sprouts.jpg
hollyhock just up 3-21-09.jpg
planting the pansies.jpg
Fool Proof Planting. You can see I'm planting, so that's proof I'm a fool. (wink)
starting the seeds.jpg
Always a debate as to what gets planted and when. Mom plants and Deb keeps track. Not always easy.
A Gnome's at home in his garden.

Dixie
garden enthusiast
Waikato-New Zealand

2009 adventure

22 Mar '09 2:07 pm
A new adventure begins-it is good to see Deborah up and about again.I had to read 'planting pansies' several times -laughed each time,but i am still not sure if I get it !
Cheers and all the best !

jack two
The new improved Jack Holloway v.2

I can feel a song coming on....

24 Mar '09 5:27 am
And here are the lyrics....

[-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

[-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<

Who can take the springtime
Sprinkle it in dew
Cover it in good dirt
And a miracle or two?

The gardengnome
The gardengnome can
The gardengnome can cause he mixes it with love and makes the world look good!

Who can take a rainbow
Wrap it is a sigh
Soak it in the sun
and make a sunflower grow sky high?

The gardengnome?

The gardengnome
The gardengnome can
The gardengnome can cause he mixes it with love and makes the world look good!

---**0**---

Rock that wheelchair, Debs!
Roll those seeds out, Mom!
Spring has sprung and the Gnomers riz!

GardenGnome
Happily Toiling Away
Regina, Saskatchewan

A Rousing Rendition

5 Apr '09 8:50 pm
Thank you, Jack. That made my day.

Well my friends, I have been busy busy busy. As if spring wasn't enough work for me, I got me a puppet job to complete in this next month. Image

More details on the puppets will be posted sooner or later. I would post it here, but it's not me garden adventure sort of fare, so keep a looky for the post on that subject.

We have geraniums..... again!!!!! Image Only about 34, I think. I bought a climbing rose that looks promising. Mom is impatient and flouting convention by transplanting seedlings when they are too small (in my opinion) but she should know, so perhaps it's a way I have yet to learn. I think she is just impatient. Okay I'm done. Image

Things are melting fine now. The Weather Weenies seem to think we are below seasonal temperatures, but it's been not bad outside. I cleaned out the greenhouse yesterday and we can move the plants out there soon, I hope, because they are taking over my living room and kitchen. As usual.

Deb seems to have caught a bug and has been feeling rotten the last few days with chills. I'll have to keep an eye on her. Last week when mom was leaving to go home, she stepped outside our gate and promptly fell down on the ice and bruised her tail bone. Scared the beejeebers out of us. But she was only bruised and back at tormenting the plants in only 2 days. Image

That's all for now. Enjoy the pix.

Christopher
called a Living Room for a good reason.jpg
ah..... there is a greenhouse other than this.
ferns new home 3-14-09.jpg
Ferny made it through the winter so he gets a nifty new self watering pot.
favorite spot.jpg
It's not a monitor. Oh no. It's a heated kitty lounge, don't-cha know.
hollyhock just up 3-21-09.jpg
kitchen window - the sprouting place.jpg
Mom's new thing is recycled containers for sprouting seeds, so we wind up with all sorts of oddities.
seed sorter 1.jpg
We have so many seeds, to figure out what goes where, I made this tray out of an old cardboard box and hot glue. The whole box represents our yard, sans house, the slots and boxes represent the different gardens. Big planters get there own spots as well a
seed sorter sleeper.jpg
seed sorter sleeper spot 1.jpg
Monday
seed sorter sleeper spot 2.jpg
Tuesday
cow seeds.jpg
Going in a new direction.
cow seeds directions.jpg
Seems simple enough.
A Gnome's at home in his garden.

Tiger Lily
valued member
Regina, Saskatchewan

To Garden Gnome, My Dear Wee Hubby:

5 Apr '09 10:29 pm
My mum is not impatient.

So there.

[-X [-( :twisted: :P :P :P :P :P

Ha!

The Wifey, Tiger Lily
All through the long winter, I dream of my garden. On the first day of spring, I dig my fingers deep into the soft earth. I can feel its energy, and my spirits soar.

- Helen Hayes

Dixie
garden enthusiast
Waikato-New Zealand

latest news

6 Apr '09 6:40 am
Oh Garden gnome and Tiger Lily and Mom-I have started off my day with a huge smile on my face-loved it all.Will show smiley the cow seeds!
Debs-take care-what you have been through will have left you weak,but with sunshine ahead,it will lift your spirits.

It's hard to be a farmer-and I ought to know
I've been trying to raise some chickens
But the miserable things won't grow.
The folks at our house laugh and laugh-
But would you think it fun?
If you planted a handful of feathers
And got not a chicken-Not One !

Cheers .

jack two
The new improved Jack Holloway v.2

I can only agree Dixie!

6 Apr '09 8:07 am
The madcap trio made my day with the Wacky-Prac (HA! Just thought that up. And I been thinking for some hours. How do you describe the combination of way-out and sensible that seems so central to all Christopher's ideas....All this in Heath Ledger's "Knight's Tale" voice: "Ladies and Gentlemen....I present you with.... the one.... the only.... WACKY-PRAC!)

Now as I was saying the madcap trio made my day. And as my internet was in the intersteller doldrums the pics didn't download, so all I saw was Debs wagging her finger and saying 'My mum is not impatient'... I couldn't wait to get out of the doldrums! And then there is that hive of activity - as you say Christopher: LIVING room - and the moo seeds, but best of all, an oddly shaped box with the cat asleep in it and .. what else??? I nearly died laughing when finally I had the full picture (so to speak) What an original and brilliant idea. (Until the cat got hold of it?)

Now, if I can just get the Google search-page to open (yes, it's that bad) I can check on how one actually pronounces Saskatchewan, because I think we have the makings of a wonderful old-fashioned feel-good family sitcom here - someone should just write the plot!

OK, I'm stumped. What DOES rhyme with Saskatchewan?

And by the way Debs... you get better now. Before Wacky-Prac invents a combined sniffle-stopper-seed-popper or whatever!!!
:wink:

moosey
head gardener

6 Apr '09 5:28 pm
Now that's got me stumped... Hatch a scone? Not really good enough...
Head Gardener
mooseyscountrygarden.com
http://www.mooseyscountrygarden.com

Dixie
garden enthusiast
Waikato-New Zealand

Here y'are then

7 Apr '09 3:44 pm
There once was a gnome from Saskatchewan
Who asked"Where the hell have my matches gone?
Because I desire
to light up the fire
How can I now bake a batch a' scones?"

MacFlax
Canberra, Australia

7 Apr '09 9:05 pm
Deborah, I hope you are feeling better.
I love the poetry and song, and the cow seeds. :lol:

Next

Return to My Garden Diaries