Kerole's Place

gordonf
Happy Collector
Lillooet, BC, Canada

Re: Kerole's Place

22 Apr '15 1:03 pm
Thanks, all! It's great to hear from you. I caN'T TYPE VERY WELL AS THE STROKE INCAPACITATED MY LEFT HAND. It's slowly recovering but I keep dropping, crushing and spilling things. Also, I have a terrible time doing up buttons as I can't feel them.

I'll post garden pix as soon as I figure how to put the chip from the camera into the computer as the cable joining them broke and I haven't found a new one. Don't feel energetic enough to do an internet search for one. But the flowers are coming along well and I bought a replacement peach tree yesterday. Early next month I plan for a dump truck load of mushroom compost for the veggie garden so I hope to plant around May 24 which is traditional for here. It'll be all raised beds in a tadpole-shape with a small fruit tree for the "eye".

Cheers!

moosey
head gardener

22 Apr '15 2:03 pm
Yeay Gordon! Glad that your gardening ideas are coming along nicely. Take it easy, easy. Take all care, M
Head Gardener
mooseyscountrygarden.com
http://www.mooseyscountrygarden.com

fenwillow
Fraser Valley, BC, Canada

23 Apr '15 5:21 am
Hey Gordon...it's so great that you're out there enjoying the garden already. Moosey's advice to take it easy is so good... but I'm sure you already know that :wink: :wink:

Happy gardening!
FenWillow,
Fraser Valley, British Columbia
Canada

MacFlax
Canberra, Australia

24 Apr '15 3:10 am
Oh Gordon, sorry to hear things haven't gone smoothly, but I'm glad your gardening enthusiasm is as good as ever.

gordonf
Happy Collector
Lillooet, BC, Canada

24 Apr '15 4:50 am
Thanks, all! It's hard to keep me down, but I'm learning to take it easy and to let others do the work even though it makes me feel guilty! It's hard to type as the left hand feels very little and doesn't work well, so this will be short. I finally got my latest pix into the computer so should be able to post them in a few days, once I get them resized and sorted.

Cheers until next time!

MacFlax
Canberra, Australia

24 Apr '15 8:06 pm
Looking forward to the photos Gordon, but please be careful and don't overdo things.

Kerole
A Gardener of Disrepair
Taupaki, New Zealand

Spring!

5 Nov '15 2:32 am
Well it cannot be ignored any more. The garden is fair screaming at me!
Spring is here and with it comes freshness, greeness, and blossoms everywhere.

I visited my parents recently (they live 6 hours away) and had the pleasure of spending time in my Mother's gorgeous garden. Ever since I mentioned enthusiastically that her pale pink, white, and blue scheme was 'quaintly 80's' (at which my Mother's face blanched), she has introduced a fair bit of pale yellow and apricot, as well as some purples and mauve. It is still, however, so very beautifully blue, pink, and white!

My Mother turns 80 next year. She gardens like a woman possessed (she does everything at full speed). She planted every one of the plants in her garden, starting with a bare block 35 years ago.

These are from Mum's place.

PS. It is 3.30am. I am awake because my mare had a foal an hour ago and I am too excited to go back to bed.
blossoms 2015.JPG
My daughter in the blossoms of a cherry.
blossoms2 2015.JPG
The Cotinus 'Grace' smoke bush is sprouting beautifully after a severe pruning in winter.
blossoms3 2015.JPG
blossoms4 2015.JPG
blossoms6 2015.JPG
I love the perfect orderly-ness of Vibernums!

gordonf
Happy Collector
Lillooet, BC, Canada

5 Nov '15 2:08 pm
Wow! What a lovely garden! And congrats on the foal - is it a filly or alittle stallion?

MacFlax
Canberra, Australia

6 Nov '15 12:49 am
Congratulations on the foal!
Beautiful photos. :)
Your Mother sounds great.
I can't even mention I've been in the garden to my mother, I get a lecture on how gardening isn't women's work, it's too physical, it's too tiring. :(

fenwillow
Fraser Valley, BC, Canada

7 Nov '15 10:03 am
Your pictures are wonderful. Everything looks great! I love Spring so am enjoying your garden immensely - while I'm having my Fall/Winter rest and planning period. :wink:
FenWillow,
Fraser Valley, British Columbia
Canada

PreviousNext

Return to My Garden Diaries