QuillGordon
valued helper
Sandy, Utah

Gardening Gordon

23 Jun '07 7:37 am
Hello all, I dropped by about a year ago and thought I might drop in again and say "Hi"... I hope you don't mind me sharin a pic from the other evening...

8)

Liza
gardening consultant
Waterloo, Belgium

Welcome again, Quill!

23 Jun '07 7:53 am
I remember you very well!! You had posted some excellent photos with very strong colours and contrasts! This one has the same style!! It is very poetic and artistic, too!! A beautiful capture and composition!!
"..So,perhaps, it is easiest, through awareness of flowers in particular, of their radiant beauty and purity, their vibrant colour, to come to the excellence of the One and be uplifted beyond thought to our divine selves".Dorothy Maclean

pumpkin
compost executive
Dairy Flat, New Zealand

23 Jun '07 1:59 pm
^^ what Liza said

and, may I add, there is something wonderfully secret about your photo, I could imagine it being in dixie's fairy garden :wink:

faerisweet
Poolville,Texas

Lovely Photo

23 Jun '07 5:27 pm
and such a pretty little bird house, I have to agree with pumpkin, a kind of fairy tale feel to it all.

QuillGordon
valued helper
Sandy, Utah

26 Jun '07 7:01 am
Thank you...

8)

Dixie
garden enthusiast
Waikato-New Zealand

adorable

26 Jun '07 2:25 pm
Your skill with composition and colour creates a special picture - a three-dimensional effect.Do you have some more please?
Dixie

faerisweet
Poolville,Texas

Is that Burgundy Gallardia ..

26 Jun '07 5:30 pm
in front of that cute little bird house? I have that in my garden but yours is standing so nicely :mrgreen: , all the rain we have had here has mine flopping all over. I do love it tho, so carefree and colorful.

QuillGordon
valued helper
Sandy, Utah

27 Jun '07 4:19 am
Yes I do... And will have more in the coming weeks...

8)

Mark
Home gardener & plant fetishist
Berkeley, California, USA

Thanks for the photos!

27 Jun '07 4:58 am
I like the light in all your photos as well as your flowers and bird houses. The last one is my favoite though because of the layering of the mounds of folliage, the contrast of the leaf forms and the way the texture of the wall behind them makes all these things easier to appreciate.
Okay I just looked at the first one again. It looks like we might have a tie for my favorite.
Mark in California

Q: "Do you ever sit down?"
A: "All the time until the urge to 'play' some more becomes too strong."

QuillGordon
valued helper
Sandy, Utah

Re: Is that Burgundy Gallardia ..

27 Jun '07 5:20 am
faerisweet wrote:in front of that cute little bird house? I have that in my garden but yours is standing so nicely :mrgreen: , all the rain we have had here has mine flopping all over. I do love it tho, so carefree and colorful.

Yes it is, I cage it up with 2 x 2 wire fencing to keep it upright... :D

Next

Return to My Garden Diaries