My Greenhouse

9 Apr '07 8:45 am
Here are a few pictures from my Greenhouse

Faith S
Perpetually learning gardener
Alabama, USA

Greenhouse

10 Apr '07 2:31 am
Wow Cerwin, you have so many babies in your greenhouse. Is this a commercial venture for you? I can't imagine what I would do with this much space in my greenhouse. Do you also have gardens outside? If so, please post some photos of these as well.
Faith at Bide-a-Wee Farm, Alabama, USA

Come abide with me a wee while.

Cerwin
contributor
Ontario Canada Zone 4a

10 Apr '07 9:59 am
yes this is a commercial venture. I have a fair number of pictures posted in another forum but linking is most likly no allowed here so I will try and repost a few of the pictures here for you all to see.

I will also try and dig up some old flower bed picture, I have several large annual beds as well as two large perennial beds.

gordonf
Happy Collector
Lillooet, BC, Canada

Great Greenhouse!

10 Apr '07 10:28 am
What a great greenhouse! I loved all the pictures of it. Do you specialize in any particular varieties?

Cheers!

-gordonf

Cerwin
contributor
Ontario Canada Zone 4a

17 Apr '07 2:08 am
No I don't specialize in any particular varieties but the greenhouse is mainly filled with annuals as well as some vegtables.

I do a fair number of flats of common annuals such as impatients and petunias and i also do a lot of 10" hangers have about 350 hangers finished and ready to go right now.

The Greenhouse opens to the public may 1st so if any one is in the area (ontraio Canada) let me know :D

You can also see my whole green house from start (empty greenhouse ) to finish (current pictures with more to come)

Posted here

http://z14.invisionfree.com/TGTA/index.php?showforum=8

Thank you for your intrest in this and if any one has more questions or comments I would love to here them.

Mark
Home gardener & plant fetishist
Berkeley, California, USA

Hi Cerwin

19 Apr '07 12:36 pm
that looks like a full time job! I'm so curious about what it's like outside. Are you in a colder climate? (I imagine what it must be treat to come into your greenhouse on a cold and stormy day. It looks like your greenhouse could be a real workhorse and has all the bells and whistles.

I put a small 'greenhouse' on the end of my garden shed a dozen years ago and did use it to start seeds a little earlier, but the thing was almost uninhabitable in the summer. I did eventually put temperature controlled fan in but what I realized was that in my zone 9 (sunset zone 17) I really didn't benifit much from a greenhouse. For my needs a shade-structure has been more useful. Almost anything thrives here in that thing, and survives the winter.

Looking forward to more updates!
Mark in California

Q: "Do you ever sit down?"
A: "All the time until the urge to 'play' some more becomes too strong."

Cerwin
contributor
Ontario Canada Zone 4a

19 Apr '07 2:14 pm

Picture of the GH out side as requested. And yes that white stuff is snow :)

I am in Ontario canada so it gets cold here yes but always nice in the Greenhouse (GH)

Anna
Gone to seed
Hamilton, New Zealand

19 Apr '07 2:23 pm
How cool is that? (pun intended)
Woof?

Cerwin
contributor
Ontario Canada Zone 4a

19 Apr '07 2:55 pm
Here are some pictures of what i do with the plants that dont sell.

oh and Anna love the Pun :D

gordonf
Happy Collector
Lillooet, BC, Canada

What do you use for fuel?

19 Apr '07 3:51 pm
Hi, Cerwin-

Wonderful pictures! What are the tall ones in the first picture (I think)? Cleomes?

And how do you heat your greenhouse - gas, oil, wood or what? And where in Ontario are you?

Keep the pictures coming!! :D

gordonf

Next

Return to My Garden Diaries