Anna
Gone to seed
Hamilton, New Zealand

9 Jan '07 6:50 pm
I can't say I understand it either but I'm assuming the 'powers that be' have been 'bitten' before and are now taking the attitude that everyone gets treated the same and no exceptions. Shame really.
ANNA...that Iris is going to be divided up next month.. if you want some you are welcome to it!

If you have any spare I'd be happy to pay you for it and postage etc, etc. That would be lovely. :)
Woof?

Pusslil
honoured member
Matamata NZ

14 May '07 11:51 am
Oh Lordy Anna... I see that I never got back to you about the iris! I am so sorry about that...I could divide the remaining clump for you,if you want.The piece should be ok as it does not grow over winter...email me if you still want to try :D

4 months is a long time not to have been in here to keep my Diary up to date, but as said elsewhere, life just got in the way!

I have cleared most of that round garden,ready for more roses, but have left one clump of that maroon iris,a Felicia,Geura and Christmas lillies.I had been given a neglected rose and the donor did not know what it was...well time showed me it was Compassion and it sure showed no compassion for the space needed for the other plants in the garden,growing like crazy, beautiful though it was it has to go! I am giving it to my daughter in Rotorua as she has bought another house there and has a 6' high fence that needs roses climbing on it!
I'm also giving her "Starry Eyes" as it has become too rampant for the bedroom window garden!

My husband has decided that 3 of his roses no longer meet his 'standards' (scent) and I am taking them off his hands! The beautiful "Champagne", "Vienna Woods" and hopefully :D " Matawhero Magic". Add to those another 3 I have ordered and two that a friend is giving me because she has to reduce her collection... so says HER husband! What they will be I do not know, but a rose is a rose is a rose in my book! So the round garden will be something to look forward to in the mid spring this year!
Now I shall go look at my photos and see what needs to be added here.....

'A garden is a love song, a duet between a human being and Mother Nature'

Pusslil
honoured member
Matamata NZ

14 May '07 12:08 pm
I bought some Zinnia plants... no colour description on the label and this was the result... I did not like the limy green colour but everyone else did!
DSCN1201-1.JPG
Zinnia... a limy green...they grew huge though and did make a good display even so.
DSCN1202-1.JPG
Self-sown Zinnias...the 3rd time they have self sown...saves money!

Pusslil
honoured member
Matamata NZ

14 May '07 12:19 pm
I have just realised there were a lot of flowers I never took photos of in late summer...oh shame!
I tried a new type of cosmos... a bright orange and a yellow...dwarf and with a totally different leaf to the normal cosmos...
well.. it was a beauty and to my surprise flowered once (covered in blooms) then died.
Within 2 weeks seedlings appeared and boy did they grow flowering,dying and reseeding for a 3rd time. So I am hoping they will come up again in spring as does the other normal cosmos!

While I like to have plants self sow I have found that in my small garden, one self-sower is not welcome anymore...catmint... by the millions! Now it is a battle of wits to get them before their roots get too tenacious! Oddly enough I tried to grow some in big pots because of their long lasting flowers... but they do not do well for me in pots. :roll:

Oh! I got a $25 garden vouchar for Mother's Day.....now what shall I buy hmmm?

Anna
Gone to seed
Hamilton, New Zealand

23 May '07 3:43 pm
Oh Lordy Anna... I see that I never got back to you about the iris! I am so sorry about that...I could divide the remaining clump for you,if you want.The piece should be ok as it does not grow over winter...email me if you still want to try

I don't know if this board has an 'email function' like some boards do. I'm still interested but only if it isn't putting you to any trouble.

I like the look of your Zinnias. Very nice. :)
And here's you pulling out catmint while I'm growing more cuttings as we speak. They're doing nicely btw. :lol:
Woof?

Previous

Return to My Garden Diaries