Head Gardener
mooseyscountrygarden.com
http://www.mooseyscountrygarden.com

Kerole
A Gardener of Disrepair
Taupaki, New Zealand

Re: Kerole's Place

31 Oct '16 4:14 pm
Yes, the smallish person is now 6 and a half. Where does the time go Moosey?

MacFlax
Canberra, Australia

22 Nov '16 2:04 am
How did I miss these? Yes, where does the time go, October only just started, didn't it?
Beautiful portraits of the puppies and of the young lady.

gordonf
Happy Collector
Lillooet, BC, Canada

25 Apr '17 6:35 pm
Hi, Kerole! I've been remiss in logging on here for some time, but I just got a reminder of your new thread and it's great to be back and to see what you've been doing! Love your thread - especially the pic of the artichoke. I have 2 baby cardoon seedlings grown from free seeds I got at the local Seedy Saturday this March. I gather they look like artichokes and it'll be fun to see how they fit into my new front flower bed.

We've been busy doubling the size of my little house with a two storey addition since this time last year and I've only recently been able to get back to the garden! It was a very harsh winter here with cold temperatures and almost no snow to protect plants. As a result, I lost every new rose from last summer as well as very many plants that were supposed to e hardy here. I guess they needed more time to become established.

I do have pix but I'll post them in a few days.

MacFlax
Canberra, Australia

12 May '17 9:11 pm
Sorry about the plant losses over winter Gordon. The upstairs addition sounds interesting, how's the view from there?

gordonf
Happy Collector
Lillooet, BC, Canada

15 May '17 5:59 pm
Hi, MacFlax; sorry for the delay in replying. The cold weather persists. 19 C today with the usual cold wind. Bruce was bringing my car back from Vancouver through the mountains today and as he was passing where an avalanche blocked the road a week ago, he hit a frost boil (where the pavement lifted up due to the frost coming out of the ground) so hard at 40kmh (!) that he broke off a shock absorber! The snow had been 40 feet deep across the road a week ago!

Anyway, the lilacs are in full bloom here and the early tulips are coming to an end. Soon the early clematis vines will be blooming, along with the peonies and other flowers. There is still fresh snow atop the local mountains and the wind won't warm until the snow goes. THEN the heat will blast on!

Anyway, more later! Keep well!

Previous

Return to My Garden Diaries