Dixie
garden enthusiast
Waikato-New Zealand

Summer Dream

12 Apr '06 7:54 pm
It is delightful reading about the inspiration of music, among those who participate in this magic garden .My paternal grandparents met when they were both in the Glasgow choir in the 1880 s , later emigrating to NZ .
I wonder if those of you whose heart is in the Mediterranean know of my absolute Favourite CD .It is 'Summer Dream' by 'Sweet People'and some of the exquisite music has titles of 'Santorin' 'Lake Como', 'La For^et Enchantee',and others . It seems to be a French production ,by the peoples`names detailed.
Dixie.

Liza
gardening consultant
Waterloo, Belgium

Dearest friend!

12 Apr '06 9:30 pm
Welcome back!

I don't know the music you refer to actually, but the Greek island of Santorini is not only one of the most beautiful islands of the Aegean Sea, but also a very spiritual place, which you deeply feel walking peacefully in its narrow streets during the colourful Dawn...As for Lake Como in Italy and all its surrounding little villages , are of exquisite beauty, inhabited by such kind and gentle people..
"..So,perhaps, it is easiest, through awareness of flowers in particular, of their radiant beauty and purity, their vibrant colour, to come to the excellence of the One and be uplifted beyond thought to our divine selves".Dorothy Maclean

jenatthebeach
helper
California

Setting my sights on doing a similar garden in California!

6 Jun '06 6:07 pm
Well, I spent 4 hours exploring your site in the last two days, and another one today. What a gem, and I mean you AND your garden, not just the site! Everything you write and do (granted, I have only seen and read a small fraction so far) reminds me of my mom's approach and gardening style. She has 5 acres in central California, 25 minutes away from me. She snips, and transplants, and pots clippings, and plants, and waters, and meanders around...adding and pruning and fretting a bit, content in her never-ending enterprise.

I absorbed much more of her interest, style and knowledge in the garden than I ever realized until my husband and I bought our 7 acres just under two years ago. Now I want nothing more than to win the lottery and "retire" to our spread, with little need to venture outside of our gate. We have oak, redwood and Douglas fir groves, meadows, and micro-climates to tend to, improve and enjoy. Ponds to make. Streams to plan and create. A lifetime to putter and carve secret paths through gentle slopes to hidden glens and hobbit holes with benches and grottos of plants. Too bad we have some income requirements too.

I am now inspired to post a page of our special areas, with progress updates on what we do. I can't compete with your site, but for anyone who is interested in how we do things over time in this part of the world, let me know. We have some peaks of the ocean, and plenty of wildlife here, so I feel like I must steward some rather critically natural design elements into reality, while balancing the needs of the animals we share this land with. We have coyotes, bobcats (a new baby in town this month too), owls, hawks, frogs, lizards, snakes, rabbits, newts, quail (rescued one yesterday from our cat-cornered it in our shower), blue jays, finches, robins, doves, lots of little things, and the occasional heron and mountain lion.

So I hope to chat a bit, in-between working outside almost every day, and doing work in the real world too! Oh, and I love digital photography, have my own occasionally paying hobby started with it, and can't stop myself from taking pix several days a week...My pathetic Wavestone Art site was hastily put up for fun for friends two years ago (not even edited since), and now I realize that I have NO photos there that show some of the beauty of this place, so I feel a bit ashamed.

Good luck to everyone with acreage and a gardening addiction, because I now know that it is a full time gig...and wow, do you have a lot of energy to work on your garden AND keep up with your site!

Jen
Follow Your Passions

jenatthebeach
helper
California

Alessandra---WOW what a beautiful place...

6 Jun '06 6:18 pm
Just beautiful. What a "job" to have...

Jen
Follow Your Passions

Jack Holloway
Passionate Gardener
SEQUOIA FARM Haenertsburg South Africa

Hi to Jen!

6 Jun '06 9:26 pm
Hi there Jen :!: - and welcome to the most diversely cohesive - or is that cohesively diverse :? forums on the internet! We look forward to hearing more from you, and seeing pics! I've been around here for less than three months and it has definitely become a lifestyle!

Jack

jenatthebeach
helper
California

Thanks Jack

7 Jun '06 6:21 am
I will post a link to some pix, but I need to do a bit of real life income work first, so they don't take our property away from us! Your photo is intriguing too, so do you have more to share with us, posted anywhere?
Jen
Follow Your Passions

Jack Holloway
Passionate Gardener
SEQUOIA FARM Haenertsburg South Africa

More pics

7 Jun '06 7:25 pm
Hi again Jen
When you are logged on, click on my name and it will take you to my profile and the opportunity to see all my posts. They are mostly in the 'My diary' forum. You'll see that I've posted MANY pics since joining!
Jack

moosey
head gardener

9 Jun '06 5:32 pm
Hi Jen, hello from me! I've re-read your animal list - wow! What a diverse group of lovely creatures to share space with. It will be lovely to 'see' all your garden areas, projects, and read about your plans. Make your very own page, otherwise forum-wise gardeners like my friend Jack will - ahem - hijack - your posts with his own (exceptionally beautiful) pictures! Hope you are enjoying summer, and welcome!
Head Gardener
mooseyscountrygarden.com
http://www.mooseyscountrygarden.com

idelsonar
valued member

4 Aug '06 2:48 am
Great, nice to know you

http://www.g3unique.com

Previous

Return to Mooseys Garden Guest Book