Hi all!

Jack Holloway
Passionate Gardener
SEQUOIA FARM Haenertsburg South Africa

Hi all!

29 Mar '06 2:33 am
I'm still negotiating my way around Moosey's site, not to mention getting used to having (relatively) fast net access - so there's plenty to learn. I'll post more about my garden in due course, and hopefully get into some interesting discussions. I have questions about an old fashioned rose I can't identify for instance... will post pics and descriptions in due course![/img]
PICT0003 small.JPG
Here meanwhile is an early autumn pic of the view from my lounge. Watch this space for fiery autumn colour to come!
I farm & garden on about 100acres in the wet mountains, of which around 20 are garden - some water, some wild, some formal. Pic is of the bridge across my dam overflow

Dixie
garden enthusiast
Waikato-New Zealand

Greetings, Jack

29 Mar '06 5:38 am
What an incredible scene from your lounge - I hope you don`t mind that I printed it for myself, as it is so very beautiful. Isn`t it interesting that Moosey, and so many gardeners who contribute to this website ,all enjoy classical music .I am so looking forward to more scenes from your garden.
Dixie.

jacqueline
Thankful Gardener
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Welcome Jack!

30 Mar '06 8:22 pm
I love that pic of yours, such a beautiful and peaceful view, partly shrouded by mist on the left. You're blessed with such beauty to start/end your day!

Looking forward to your active participation in this forum as I'm sure you have lots to share from your vast acres of land :)

moosey
head gardener

20 Acres of Garden

2 Apr '06 5:48 pm
Jack, that acerage of garden sounds amazing. I would love to see more photographs. And since you're coming into Autumn, like we are here in New Zealand. great of you to join us, and please send some more pix!
I'm envious, since I only have about 2 or 3 acres of garden. Blast! I want more!
Cheers
Head Gardener
mooseyscountrygarden.com
http://www.mooseyscountrygarden.com

Jack Holloway
Passionate Gardener
SEQUOIA FARM Haenertsburg South Africa

More pics

3 Apr '06 10:10 pm
Hi again! You asked for more pics - here are some hot off the press, taken yesterday, some with my new Moosey friends in mind. There are two views of my cottage; the one from behind shows the bridge in the background - the icon of the garden! Its style is Rustic Deconstructivist Japanese :lol: You can also see how the house is right in a meadow. The view across the water shows the cottage garden to the right of the cottage; originally I only allowed 3 icebergs in the pillars and herbs in pots - but it didn't last too long. I was amazed when I got to Great Dixter in 1995 to see that the Lloyds had copied my idea of a house in a meadow :x The third view is of the lower dam, below my parents' house. (Their house is 100 yards above the water - do you use metric in NZ? :? I am converting for you!)The dark tree against the sunlit bluegums is the large pine to the left of my house, with the rounded oak to the right of the house in front of it. Get the picture? The fourth is a personal triumph: after over 25 years of close involvement with the farm I finally yesterday found a moraea, an indigenous iris, on my farm :!:
Cottage across dam.JPG
Rear of cottage.JPG
view across lower dam.JPG
moraea.JPG
I farm & garden on about 100acres in the wet mountains, of which around 20 are garden - some water, some wild, some formal. Pic is of the bridge across my dam overflow

Liza
gardening consultant
Waterloo, Belgium

You are blessed...,

4 Apr '06 2:19 am
...dear Jack, living amidst such a natural beauty!

I was attracted by your...."morae" Iris -- what does this mean?? --- surrounded by beautiful, colourful ferns!

If you close your eyes by the sunset, sitting somewhere -- under a tree? -- in your Paradise, calm and tranquille, I can imagine the melodious birds' songs that fill your ears,...and your soul... Yes! Just a blessing!
"..So,perhaps, it is easiest, through awareness of flowers in particular, of their radiant beauty and purity, their vibrant colour, to come to the excellence of the One and be uplifted beyond thought to our divine selves".Dorothy Maclean

pumpkin
compost executive
Dairy Flat, New Zealand

4 Apr '06 6:32 am
Howdy Jack :D

Fabulous pics, love your cottage 8)

Do you have different areas allocated to garden types in your huge garden?

Next time you pause at your dam, could we request some more piccies please...hehe, I am on a pond curve at the moment and thoroughly enjoy seeing all :wink:

jacqueline
Thankful Gardener
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Such beauty!

4 Apr '06 4:17 pm
Wow, I love the 3rd pic best! Can just imagine myself standing in awe admist all that natural beauty, then relaxing on my back on the soft green grass carpet to admire and enjoy the scenic view above me! :) great place to unwind!

Return to Mooseys Garden Guest Book