Hello From Darwin

Penny B

Hello From Darwin

6 Jan '11 1:25 pm
Hi Moosey, Happy New Year to you and your subscribers. I love your site and was a frequent visitor when I lived in the South West of Western Australia. I have since moved to Darwin (temporarily) and miss, very much, the cooler climate and range of cottage plants I used to grow. To get me through the next year I am going to use your site as a sort of "Linus blanket" whenever I need a beautiful garden fix. Don't get me wrong Darwin has beautiful gardens too, but I do miss my campanulas, roses and daylilies. Your site is amazing but tell me do you ever sleep? Penny B

moosey
head gardener

Re: Hello From Darwin

6 Jan '11 5:33 pm
Hi Penny, and Happy New year to you. Darwin will be different - but I'm imagining beautiful growth and lots of luxuriant greenery - and colourful vines all year round. You'll have a great time.

All the very best, and let us all know how you get on! Even a small change of garden site takes a bit of time and relearning. My very first garden was pretty much frost free, and when I first moved here I had no idea that daisies etc. would die in the winter. Oops.

Post us some of your garden pictures, if you like.
Cheers, M

Hmm... I can often be found asleep in a chair around 5pm...
Head Gardener
mooseyscountrygarden.com
http://www.mooseyscountrygarden.com

Kerole
A Gardener of Disrepair
Taupaki, New Zealand

7 Jan '11 7:46 am
Hi Penny.

I have visited Darwin twice - both times in January. What a muggy, hot place it is! And no wombats (one of my very favourite animals!). But I remember the greenery. So lush and all those fruits and crazy tropicals you only see in magazines. Bright flowery vines, etc.

I understand your need for a cottage garden fix every now and then though. Somehow all that mad green growth and jungle type foliage doesn't keep my attention for long enough.

Good luck with your stay!

moosey
head gardener

8 Jan '11 7:09 am
I'm a four seasons in moderation gardener, too. A winter thast's not too dodgy, a decent spring, a summer that's hot but not too hot, and an autumn which does the business colourwise. now that's not too much to ask, is it?

I get really puzzled with growing seasons when there's just wet and dry and the length of day pretty much remains the same. I guess I'd be longong for contrast - and I know there will be many. Cheers.
Head Gardener
mooseyscountrygarden.com
http://www.mooseyscountrygarden.com

Return to Mooseys Garden Guest Book