Waiting for Spring

JuneBug
helper

Waiting for Spring

1 Mar '10 9:54 am
Hello - this is my very first post. This website is amazing! I'm so glad I found it. I am an amateur gardener, certainly not the caliber of others who post here but I love plants, flowers and digging in the dirt as well as animals. I live near Atlanta, Georgia (USA) and am anxiously awaiting spring. It seems like it is a long time coming this year although the daffodils are pushing up. I am looking forward to adding to my garden as I do every year. My husband and I have about a third of an acre which backs up to woods. I am learning what plants work well in the sweltering Georgia summers. We have two cats plus there are three who live next door and they enjoy my garden as well.

I look forward to visiting often. Thank you for this amazing place. I know I will be learning a lot from it.

moosey
head gardener

Welcome

3 Mar '10 3:14 pm
Welcome to the forums - it's great to meet you! Here in my garden it's almost autumn - isn't that a funny concept? The balance of the gardening world always makes me giggle - I'll be buying some daffodil bulbs to plant soon, and maybe you'll be seeing some in bloom!

All the best, and post some photos. I'd love to meet those cats! Cheers, M
Head Gardener
mooseyscountrygarden.com
http://www.mooseyscountrygarden.com

JuneBug
helper

Mother Nature played a joke on me

5 Mar '10 8:14 am
Thank you Moosey for your warm welcome. Mother Nature decided to chide me for complaining about her spring schedule here in Atlanta. She gave us a small snow storm two days ago! Snow is a rare occurence in this area but this winter we have had several bouts with snow. A few weeks ago we had 4 inches - that is almost unheard of. However, the snow did not stay around long and most melted the next day. The weather is supposed to warm up this weekend with highs in the 60s so I will definitely be out in the garden doing cleanup and getting ready to plant. I have many bulbs and perennials in my garden already, but I always enjoy planting annuals to supplement. It is safe to plant here after April 15th - hopefully no more freezing temperatures after that day. I usually start out planting in pots the first couple of weeks so that they can be brought inside should the temperature dip below safe levels. Soon after that the azaleas, forsythia, braford pear trees, redbud trees and dogwoods begin to bloom. It will be so beautiful, but for now I can only gaze outside longingly.

It is strange to think that you are experiencing the beginning of fall. Mother Nature has much to take care of.

I will post pictures of the garden and cats soon.

jack two
The new improved Jack Holloway v.2

Welcome Junebug!

6 Mar '10 4:46 am
When you have pics, start a thread in the Garden Diaries section. That is the best way to keep everyone informed. Looking forward to having more of Georgia on my mind!!!

Return to Mooseys Garden Guest Book