moosey
head gardener

7 Oct '08 5:56 pm
Hello, possum! Hmm... possums in the roses, I'm not sure I'd like that! You're generous with those buds, I reckon!

It's lovely to see the pix of your garden. For me it's a reward, better than a gardening book or magazine, for the end of the day when I've been working hard. I love looking at the forum photos. I'm not so good at posting, though - blame it on personal shyness!

Keep up the great work, cheers, M.
Head Gardener
mooseyscountrygarden.com
http://www.mooseyscountrygarden.com

Kerole
A Gardener of Disrepair
Taupaki, New Zealand

8 Oct '08 6:31 am
I'm afraid Moosey is right - a possum in the roses makes me shudder too! We have a very different view of possums over here! Although your white tailed chap is kinda cute... :)

Waratah
honoured member
Blue Mountains, NSW Australia

8 Oct '08 9:12 am
Yes I know you feel differently about possums in NZ but that's because they're not native. Believe me, I'd be very upset if a rabbit or fox were eating anything in my garden. Even just the sight of either would make me start plotting to bring about their demise. So I do understand how you feel.

Kerole
A Gardener of Disrepair
Taupaki, New Zealand

Australian fauna

9 Oct '08 8:40 am
Fortunately we don't have foxes here but don't even mention rabbits - I have a hundred odd living under our very rumpty old hay barn. The ground beneath it is like honey comb due to all the warrens. We suspect the whole structure will one day begin to slowly subside into the ground - a bit like Venice!

I'm not a great fan of possums but I'd have a wombat any day! I LOVE wombats. Of all the weird and wonderful creatures Australia has to offer, wombats are my pick. And maybe a tree kangaroo. And perhaps a bilby... :D

MacFlax
Canberra, Australia

9 Oct '08 8:19 pm
We got to cuddle a couple of baby wombats at an animal park. So cute! We had an echidna in our garden once, before they built more houses around us.

Waratah
honoured member
Blue Mountains, NSW Australia

Australian Fauna

10 Oct '08 9:59 am
Can't help you with any of the above Kerole, but soon there will be plenty of Funnel Web spiders about. Perhaps I could send one over in a jar. :wink:

Kerole
A Gardener of Disrepair
Taupaki, New Zealand

11 Oct '08 2:02 pm
Aaah... Thanks but no thanks! I try not to be yukked out by spiders but they do tend to make my skin crawly. And that's just the non-poisonous ones! :D

craftsmaster
valued member
Gold Coast

Re: Hello from the Blue Mountains of NSW

10 Aug '10 5:23 pm
Unbelievably perfect.
Carmel Santos
CEO of Herb Gardening Guide
Growing Herbs in Pots
Herb Garden Plants

Amazing, isn't it? A mystique shrouds the rose.
Rose Guide

MacFlax
Canberra, Australia

10 Aug '10 11:23 pm
craftsmaster wrote:Unbelievably perfect.

What is?
Do you know what it is like to see an old thread (2008!) active again and it turns out it's just a nonsensical comment by someone with an advertising signature? :twisted:

moosey
head gardener

11 Aug '10 8:28 am
Hmm... Mind you, I still remember my short holiday in the Blue Mountains. Loved it! Had no idea that the weather could ever be so snowy and cold though - very rude, but New Zealanders don't think that there are any proper mountains in certain pther countries, hee hee...

Must admit to being a bit flummoxed (?) by the new wave of advertisers. What to do? Would be nice to get something personal... A picture of your very own garden? Hmm...
Head Gardener
mooseyscountrygarden.com
http://www.mooseyscountrygarden.com

Previous

Return to Mooseys Garden Guest Book