Hello from Australia

MacFlax
Canberra, Australia

Hello from Australia

24 Mar '08 12:31 am
Hi. I've been lurking off and on for a while. Looking forward to chatting with you. Seems like a really nice forum.

GardenGnome
Happily Toiling Away
Regina, Saskatchewan

Hello MacFlax

24 Mar '08 6:54 am
Welcome to our forum. Well, I feel at home here, but it is really Moosey's and Co.

I hope you are able to post photos of your gardens.

Christopher
A Gnome's at home in his garden.

moosey
head gardener

Welcome

24 Mar '08 9:47 am
It's a funny forum - beware the senses of humour which will pop up like cute little pansy seedlings! Nice to meet you!

If you're not sure what pictures to post first - Christopher has been showing off about his super-messy garden. It's a wee challenge to see if anyone else has quite as impressive mess in their gardens. Hmm....

Well, I'm off to tackle my mess right now! It's mainly gum tree leaves - the early planters where I live (about 30 years ago) decided that huge Australian Eucalyptus trees were THE country fashion - for windbreaks, for fence-lines - and for lawn specimen trees around the house. Hmm...

Cheers!
Head Gardener
mooseyscountrygarden.com
http://www.mooseyscountrygarden.com

Tiger Lily
valued member
Regina, Saskatchewan

Welcome to the forum, MacFlax

24 Mar '08 4:25 pm
Hi from Canada! I'm GardenGnome's prettier half, Tiger Lily. :D I'm looking forward to hearing all about your gardens and lots of pics, too, please.

See, GardenGnome? When I say "Aw yer a bloomin' pansy!" I'm not insulting you... right Moosey? :wink: :lol:

Tiger Lily
All through the long winter, I dream of my garden. On the first day of spring, I dig my fingers deep into the soft earth. I can feel its energy, and my spirits soar.

- Helen Hayes

pumpkin
compost executive
Dairy Flat, New Zealand

25 Mar '08 7:06 am
^ of course it's all in the way she holds her tongue whilst saying that GG, If it's poking out at the time, wellll... then I dunno ... :-k :mrgreen:

Howdy MacFlax :D
Nice to see another neighbor, whereabouts in Australia are you? I do hope you haven't been affected by those nasty floods.
Like Tiger Lily I look forward to hearing of your garden 8)

Tiger Lily
valued member
Regina, Saskatchewan

25 Mar '08 11:25 am
pumpkin, of course my tongue is planted firmly in cheek! But don't tell GardenGnome that! :D

Tiger Lily
All through the long winter, I dream of my garden. On the first day of spring, I dig my fingers deep into the soft earth. I can feel its energy, and my spirits soar.

- Helen Hayes

MacFlax
Canberra, Australia

28 Mar '08 8:53 pm
Thanks for the welcome. :D
I live in Canberra. We are two hours drive inland. Temps range from as low as -7C to around 38C. Unfortunately the cold and frosts rule out some plants I'd love to grow, but on the plus side our climate is great for spring bulbs and autumn foliage. We have a sloping block which has presented a few challenges. As a result of the drought we have been doing a lot of terracing, and we are currently replacing some of our lawn with garden beds. We haven't had the worst extremes of weather here. No floods, and although we have water restrictions we haven't had outside watering completely banned.

Faith S
Perpetually learning gardener
Alabama, USA

Better late than never

29 Mar '08 7:14 am
Hello from Alabama, USA. It is always so good to see new contributors to the Forum. As you are seeing, it is a really friendly bunch and we all enjoy sharing our garden successes along with the failures. We also partake of a little gentle teasing now and then, so I hope you enjoy this kind of banter. How about posting some pix of your terracing project. We like to see before and after photos, so take some now.
Faith at Bide-a-Wee Farm, Alabama, USA

Come abide with me a wee while.

MacFlax
Canberra, Australia

29 Mar '08 5:05 pm
Terracing projects plural! Almost done now. Shame I didn't think to take photos of our progress. It would be nice to be able to see how far we've come. Sometimes I dwell too much on what's still to be done. Sunny today but a little windy. Maybe I'll get the chance to take some pics in the next few days. There's still a few works in progress I can photograph.

Return to Mooseys Garden Guest Book