This is me

teejay8
honoured member

This is me

27 Mar '07 3:19 pm
Hello everyone,
Originally a Cantabrian I grew up in the garden city of Christchurch. Have moved several times around New Zealand since then and am now a resident of sunny Nelson.
Two and a half years ago we had a new section to knock into shape and develop a planting scheme. We have planted the trees and shrubs which will give the garden its basic bones, have perennials, roses,bulbs and annuals for changing interest. So exciting to have a new garden and plant just exactly what one wants instead of woring around the previous owners choices.
Will try and post some ppics to show the progress.
roiad view 001.jpg
first steps
tess

teejay8
honoured member

This is me

27 Mar '07 3:33 pm
This me is not doing too well on posting another pic!!! Gosh, life is so hard, will have another go at it tomorrow, giving up after trying a few times to carry on. Do I post a reply to this post or what?
Teejay
tess

Dixie
garden enthusiast
Waikato-New Zealand

Keep trying

27 Mar '07 9:08 pm
Keep trying Teejay !
On the main forum page below this heading(introduce yourself) is 'Information and Announcements ' --go there and Eggy bee explains how to put on photos .I printed it off for myself , so that I had the instructions in front of me as I stumbled through .Now I can do it fine (I think :? )
Welcome ! I always enjoy the blank canvas transformation stories here ,so hope you can manage it tomorrow .
Dixie.

Faith S
Perpetually learning gardener
Alabama, USA

Bumbling around on the Forum

28 Mar '07 3:54 am
Dear Teejay, don't worry about a little bumbling around at first. We all have done it. If you want proof, go to my first posts on the Gardens Through the Seasons post in the My Plants and Gardens section. You will see my first tentative tries at posting pictures.

Don't give up, you will get it very quickly if you follow Dixie's advice.
Faith at Bide-a-Wee Farm, Alabama, USA

Come abide with me a wee while.

teejay8
honoured member

Egged on

28 Mar '07 9:09 am
Thanks for your posts.. I originally followed eggy's info but could not find it again yesterday!!!
Here's hoping all will go well with this post. We had to decide whether to just leave the front section sloping down to the footpath or terrace it. We went for the second option.
frontage 23.11.05.jpg
All laid out and ready to go
tess

teejay8
honoured member

Planted out

28 Mar '07 9:36 am
This pic was taken last month, everything growing well.
Frontage 24 Feb 2007.jpg
tess

teejay8
honoured member

The back section

28 Mar '07 4:08 pm
There was a massive pile of dirt here which had been excavated for the foundation of the house. Luckily the man landscaping the next door house needed soil for another section so he came in and scooped it all away.
Side fince.JPG
another pice of blank canvas
tess

teejay8
honoured member

Lawn down

28 Mar '07 4:13 pm
Starting to look a little better. it was so good to get rid of the mud out there. Our dog had to have her paws cleaned whenever she came inside.
back fence plan 001.jpg
A raised garden had just been planted out
tess

Faith S
Perpetually learning gardener
Alabama, USA

Hard working Teejay

29 Mar '07 2:29 am
You have accomplished so much Teejay. I can hardly recognize the garden in the second picture as the results of the first picture. Great job!

BTW, you can post more than one picture at a time if you just wait patiently while the attachment loads. Once it is complete, the Browse box will clear and you can browse for the next photo. Just keep doing this until you have all your photos loaded. You will see all the attachments in a string below the Browse box. They will be posted in the order you loaded them, even though they will appear from last to first in the draft.

Keep up the good work.
Faith at Bide-a-Wee Farm, Alabama, USA

Come abide with me a wee while.

teejay8
honoured member

Photos

29 Mar '07 10:26 am
Hi Faith, so nice to hear from you. That is a cut little bird in your hard, is it a hummingbird? Thanks for the tip on posting photos I will give it a try.
trees.jpg
Landscaping back garden.jpg
putting up the pergola.
tess

Next

Return to Mooseys Garden Guest Book