Eggy
webmaster & eldest son
East Dulwich, London

Your FORUM AVATAR : 1000 Garden Thumbnails to Choose from

25 Mar '04 11:01 am
Just like the smiling little cheeky monkey on the left You can easily upload your own pictures to represent yourself but if you can't I've uploaded a thousand or so garden thumbnails for you to choose from.

The Forums call these AVATARS.

To choose an Avatar you need to login and select PROFILE from the bottom of any forum page. Only Registered users who have logged in can upload or choose their avatar.

At the bottom of the profile page is a small SHOW GALLERY button. Select this button :

And you will be taken to a page with a drop down menu at the top. I've organised the 1000 or so gardening thumbnails by name into the folders A to Z. Some of the folders have a lot of thumbnails in them so there might be a small wait while the images load :

There you go a thousand little garden thumbnails to choose from. Existing members now have no excuse for being avatarless :)
Eggy.

Webmaster & Eldest Son
Mooseys Country Garden
http://www.mooseyscountrygarden.com

Barbee'
valued helper
Kentucky, U.S.A.

3 Jul '06 11:41 am
Hello Eggy,
Thank you for the information and opporturnity to have my own AVATAR. So many beautiful photos to choose from. I had to "read" through them three times before I could decide. It was tough: I didn't want to use the same one as any other person(hope I didn't), didn't want any of you from your cast of "characters" in it, and thought I shouldn't have Nz native plants in it for I'm far away. Hope I did it correctly and punched all the right buttons. Did sorta' make a muddle of it when I changed my e-mail address during the process and the system didn't like that. Here's hoping it's now aok.

This is my first post anywhere ever, so hope it goes the way it should. And, yes, I do read all your "Information and Announcements" forum. I enjoy them and find them interesting. Wish I knew so much about working with computers. I think you have done a great job with this site. Love the colors of both text and background. Nice!

I know you've been told a million times, but the photography is absolutely beautiful. Thank you - to all on the Garden team who contribute to it and for sharing with us.

Barbee' here, over and out!
Last edited by Barbee' on 4 Jan '07 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

moosey
head gardener

4 Jul '06 10:24 am
This is a lovely idea, Elder Son of Moosey! So if I get sick of my Mary Rose Avatar, I could choose a different one? Do you know - psychologists could have fun explaining why some of us choose to choose one particular thumbnail. Bobby's is the Mermaid rose - and your current avatar is a buzzy thing...

Thanks for showing us all how to do this. Lovely thought.
Head Gardener
mooseyscountrygarden.com
http://www.mooseyscountrygarden.com

Barbee'
valued helper
Kentucky, U.S.A.

4 Jul '06 12:56 pm
Oh,Moosey, please don't change yours. It is part of your identification; I see it before I see your name and when I do, I immediately know it's YOU! Same with Jack Holloway, Liza, and all the others I've enjoyed reading.

Now, if you wonder that psychologists could have fun explaining why some of us choose the thumbnail photo that we do, what WOULD they do explaining why some people choose to change theirs?? (Just teasing, Moosey.)

Regarding the Mermaid rose - did you know there is a miniature rose on the market (developed from a "sport" found on a Mermaid rose bush) that is named "Little Mermaid"? I know its Mummy is dangerous - Little Mermaid also has sharp little "claws", they are tiny, but sharp as can be.

Wish I could swap a few temperature degrees with you. It's too warm here to work in the garden, about 96 degrees F., maybe higher, I think that's about 35 degrees C. If I could hand you some of this heat and humidity, you wouldn't have to be concerned about any threat of frost for sure.

Keep up the good work, everyone on the Team; you provide much enjoyment for a multitude of people. See you in the pages.
Sincerely, Barbee'
Last edited by Barbee' on 4 Jan '07 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nancy
valued helper
Utah, USA

5 Jul '06 9:20 am
Just testing mine... Anyway I love this because my internet is so slow it takes forever to attatch picures to anything! Thanks!

Barbee'
valued helper
Kentucky, U.S.A.

5 Jul '06 12:27 pm
Beautiful choice, Nancy. I considered that one, myself.

Return to Information & Announcements