Bambi
Slowly Learning Gardener
Kent, England

Tee hee!

4 Sep '06 11:28 pm
How well do I know that feeling too, Pumpkin! :roll: Although, without being rude, I do hope my loss of mental ability isn't down to my age as I'm not even 30 yet - what will I be like when I'm 50 or 60 or more?!?!?! :-k Aaarrrggghhh!

Oh well, I have a few options, I suppose: I can either lie down and accept it (hmm, not v proactive methinks); I can try to train my brain with exercises (boring [-( ); or (my favourite! :wink: ) I can end up as one of those mad old women with hundreds of cats running amok around the house who leaves all her money to them!!
"If you'd have a mind at peace
A heart that cannot harden
Go find a door that opens wide
Upon a beautiful garden."
Author Unknown

pumpkin
compost executive
Dairy Flat, New Zealand

6 Sep '06 6:26 am
Eek! :shock: Oh um... 30 huh, then you have no excuse! You will just have to put it down to brain dribble! :mrgreen:

Ahha! I think you aren't going potty after all! \:D/
Eggy, I just went to use the 'whistle' emote and he no work :-s looks like he's missing a bracket on his addy ... oh poor him! :mrgreen:

Bambi
Slowly Learning Gardener
Kent, England

22 Sep '06 2:24 am
Sorry Pumpkin, only just spotted your post (two weeks late - more brain-dribbling, I feel :roll: ) Glad I'm not the only one with difficulties though - just tried your little whistling guy but he no work still :(
Author Unknown

Gerry
honoured helper
Southern Denmark

Tee Hee

23 Sep '06 5:35 am
Now listen up Bambi and Pumpkin and I will spill the beans re old age. Brain dribble degenerates to speech scribble which in turn leads to the hereafter. You get that sudden 'feeling' you should go indoors and when you get there you say "now what am I here after?" You get back outside to find you have put your gardening shorts on back-to-front. You resume weeding and realise that the weeds are getting further away with every passing day. You drive into town to collect your new glasses and find you still have your wellies on (with shorts!) But you know what --- as you get older you just don't care. All these things I have done, you will eventually do, but really it is not so bad. Regards from Gerry at 70

jacqueline
Thankful Gardener
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

25 Sep '06 3:30 am
:lol: :lol: :lol: You're so funny, Gerry!
Thanks for the laugh! :lol:

Bambi
Slowly Learning Gardener
Kent, England

LOL!

26 Sep '06 2:14 am
Well, Gerry, (without wanting to be rude :wink:) I may be less than half your age, but I think I can probably tick one or two of those things off your list myself (well, very similar anyway)!!

I've definitely done the "what did I come in here for" thing loads of times; I've arrived at work with my top inside out; and I've gone to the video store with my slippers on!! Do any of those count? :D

I have to say though, I'm not usually bothered by that sort of thing - depending on who I'm with, I may well point it out and have a laugh, or just run into the back office or whatever and sort myself out!! :roll: Anyway, when you're a bit dappy like me, you get used to doing daft things, they're all just part of the fun that is Life and without them I think it would be just a little bit duller. :wink: :D
Author Unknown

Previous

Return to Information & Announcements