regina34
helper

some tips for storing the hose

31 Oct '15 1:34 am
Hi people!

I can not decide anything creative with the hose. It just lies under the deck. When I use it, my children begin to stumble it...
Any suggestions?
How do you store hose? Where?
PS: My hose is heavy
thanks

fenwillow
Fraser Valley, BC, Canada

Re: some tips for storing the hose

31 Oct '15 2:07 am
I have one of the trolley things.... it has wheels so you can take it where you need it (but near a tap) then unwind the hose from a reel. It helps, but winding it up is still a bit tricky and involves a lot of bending over to hold the whole thing down. I have a Big garden so need about 150 feet of hose. I haven't discovered a really good way of storing it, but I'd sure be happy to hear from others!
FenWillow,
Fraser Valley, British Columbia
Canada

regina34
helper

2 Nov '15 9:15 pm
fenwillow wrote:I have one of the trolley things.... it has wheels so you can take it where you need it

Where did you buy it?

Well, my husband wants to buy the hose reels.
But as far as I know, it is for industrial application.

My friend adviced me to take a usual old wheel rim and fix it on the wall. It helps to roll the hose around.

MacFlax
Canberra, Australia

29 Dec '15 2:16 pm
regina34 wrote:
fenwillow wrote:I have one of the trolley things.... it has wheels so you can take it where you need it

Where did you buy it?

Well, my husband wants to buy the hose reels.
But as far as I know, it is for industrial application.

My friend adviced me to take a usual old wheel rim and fix it on the wall. It helps to roll the hose around.

Where are you located Regina? How big is your garden?
Hose reels are not for industrial applications here, they are very common in gardens. You can even get flat hoses which take up less space but I think they are only suitable for small gardens. Wall hangers are also very common but need to be suitable for the weight of the hose. We have a plastic one which broke because too much hose was hung on it.

fenwillow

2 Jan '16 6:16 am
This is probably not helpful for people in Australia, but here is a link to some of the hose carts and storage things that we have here:
http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/outdoor-l ... orage.html

I don't think this company does international sales and if they did delivery would be out of this world expensive, but maybe you could find something similar by searching the brand names. I did find this company in Australia that does mail order, but I don't know anything about them. https://www.masters.com.au/garden-outdo ... ID=l74nZPu

Hope this helps!
FenWillow,
Canada

MacFlax
Canberra, Australia

18 Jan '16 2:52 am
We have Gardena, from the first link, here too.

fenwillow

25 Jan '16 5:53 am
It seems like most things are now available world wide... you just have to find them. We're so close to the US here that we can get products from there, or else they have sellers in Canada as well. I'm always so jealous when I see some the of the amazing gardening tools, beautiful greenhouses and amazing plants in the BBC Gardeners' World magazine. You can tell they've been gardening for hundreds of years in England!
FenWillow,
Canada

stunnoi1234

26 Jan '16 2:31 pm
Wall hangers are also very common but need to be suitable for the weight of the hose.
sbobet365

MacFlax
Canberra, Australia

26 Jan '16 9:42 pm
fenwillow wrote: .. I'm always so jealous when I see some of the amazing gardening tools, beautiful greenhouses and amazing plants in the BBC Gardeners' World magazine. ..

I must go take a look.

Return to General Gardening Chat