Open gardens in Auckland.

chookie2
helper
South West Victorias ,Australia

Open gardens in Auckland.

15 Sep '15 12:55 pm
As I mentioned in my intro. I am visiting for the first time in Auckland at end of Sept and early October.

Apart from five days at the Felting Convergence I will have at least another 7 days to enjoy the wonderful gardens around Auckland. I know about the Rose Gardens at Parnell and the Botanic Gardens and both are on my 'must visit ' list.
Please share any other gardens you might know of I can visit ,I am a compulsive gardener and it is going to be very hard to go home without any cuttings or seeds (not allowed in Australia) but at least I can take ideas with me. :D
Thanks For Sharing

Kerole
A Gardener of Disrepair
Taupaki, New Zealand

Re: Open gardens in Auckland.

17 Sep '15 7:36 am
Hi Chookie! Gosh what a lovely time you will have here. I hope the weather behaves for you.

Ayrlies! Arguably NZ's best privately owned garden. It is a large rambling country garden in AKL, a bit further south than the Botanic Gardens. Bev OÇonnell owner/gardener is an amazing woman. Find out when the visiting times are. Plan at least a half day there - it is large and you don't wan't to have to hurry.

Also, Eden Gardens in Mt Eden, central city AKL. A really lovely place to go with a fab cafe and wee gift shop.

Enjoy! :)

moosey
head gardener

26 Sep '15 8:23 am
Loooooove to go to Ayrlies. Must put it on local bucket list!
Head Gardener
mooseyscountrygarden.com
http://www.mooseyscountrygarden.com

MacFlax
Canberra, Australia

29 Sep '15 3:10 pm
Sounds like a wonderful trip, I'm looking forward to hearing how it went.

Return to General Gardening Chat